Windows 10: Ever since Windows 10 the local network has been cripple

Discus and support Ever since Windows 10 the local network has been cripple in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ì am afraid I have a sticky question. Since quite some time i have two desktops and a laptop on windows 10 latest update and the local private area... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eekie, Dec 18, 2019.

1. eekie Win User

Ever since Windows 10 the local network has been cripple

Ì am afraid I have a sticky question. Since quite some time i have two desktops and a laptop on windows 10 latest update and the local private area network has never functioned properly. Often they can't even see their own shares and not the other computer(s). One computer does never give access.
    As for as I know I have filled in the right sharing options. SMB direct and SMB 01/CIFS server and client are enabled.
    The cripple configuration changes once in a while.
    It is hard to believe a renowned company like microsoft is unable to produce fully working software.
    Am I overlooking something?

:)

eekie, Dec 18, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Ever since Windows 10 the local network has been cripple - Similar Threads - Ever since local

2. Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage: So i recently switched to windows 10 via the windows 10 download on the Microsoft website I started on windows 11 when i got my pc I switched because windows 11 felt too weird for me When i switched i noticed the lack in performance i didn’t have in windows 11 suddenly my...
  3. Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ever since going to windows 10 my pc has been running like complete garbage: So i recently switched to windows 10 via the windows 10 download on the Microsoft website I started on windows 11 when i got my pc I switched because windows 11 felt too weird for me When i switched i noticed the lack in performance i didn’t have in windows 11 suddenly my...
  4. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 (windows 10), on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes (randomly as far as I can tell), my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  5. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 windows 10, on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes randomly as far as I can tell, my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  6. Has an answer ever been found?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has an answer ever been found?: Long standing problem for many people - awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net. This happens on all my PC's - both Ethernet and Wireless connected ones. Sometimes no problem, other times it fails. On the wireless ones, they often show the connected icon at...
  7. Eversince Windows 10 the local network has been cripple

Eversince Windows 10 the local network has been cripple: Ì am afraid I have a sticky question. Since quite some time i have two desktops and a laptop on windows 10 latest update and the local private area network has never functioned properly. Often they can't even see their own shares and not the other computer(s). One computer...
  8. Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble: I upgraded to a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in February of 2018 and I have had a more problems than this OS is worth. First of all let me give some back story, I am a video editor so I need this computer for a lot of color grading. That being said, for the past several...
  9. My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.: HP Omen Desktop 870-224 7th Gen. Intel Core i5-7400 processor 8 GBB DDR4-2133 SDRAM mem. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Windows 10 I'm not much of a tech sav, however I had updated my computer a few days ago and didn't touch it until friday, I come back to it and it's all of a...
  10. Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update

Has local networking been resolved in 1809 update: The October update to W.10 was a disaster! Supposedly it's been fixed now, but not everyone has received it yet. For those who have; Has the problems of local networking been resolved? i.e. does Windows now see/access correctly all machines on a local network - with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. better program than windows explorer to see pcs on local network