Windows 10: ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode.

Discus and support ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I manually try to enter sleep mode. the monitor will turn off but the pc will stay on and be unresponsive. Shutdown and restart work completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/W1LLTACULAR, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode.

If I manually try to enter sleep mode. the monitor will turn off but the pc will stay on and be unresponsive. Shutdown and restart work completely fine. It happened after updating windows. I went through soooo much troubleshooting. while troubleshooting I had to force shutdown my pc almost 20 times. it sucks super worried about my components and ssd. After a while I just gave up. took some advice and stopped using sleep mode. pc is fine other than that. The reason I am making this post is last night I accidentally put it into sleep mode. So I tried to put it back to sleep this morning to see if it worked. nope it froze. wondering what reddit thinks it is. sometimes sleep will work but most of the time it just freezes.

i updated display drivers. made sure power saving features were turned off. updated firmware on ssds. updated intel management utility. did sfc scan. more stuff I cant even remember. Though everything was fine. So I have no clue whats going on. for now and the future I just wont be using sleep mode. I keep my pc on all day if I am here and I turn it off at night. no other problems but that.

submitted by /u/W1LLTACULAR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/W1LLTACULAR, Jan 4, 2020

2. windows 7 stuck in sleep mode

You need to perform the usual tests:

• Test your monitor on a different PC.
    • Test a different monitor on your PC.

Frederik Long, Jan 4, 2020
  3. blak bob Win User
    after a clean install and updates, PC will not enter sleep mode/shut down.

My PC running on windows 10 will not enter sleep mode or shutdown following a recent update. After running a clean install of windows 10 with reformatted drives, the problem is still on going. which steps should be taken to fix this issue.

blak bob, Jan 4, 2020
  4. ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode.

PC gets "stuck" in sleep mode

Hello,

There are many ways to shut down your PC, you can turn the PC off completely, you can make it sleep, or you can hibernate the PC.

Sleep Mode uses very little power, your PC starts up faster, and you’re instantly back to where you left off. You don’t have to worry that you'll lose your work because of your battery draining, because Windows automatically saves all
    your work and turns off the PC if the battery is too low.

We would suggest that you follow the troubleshooting on this link to Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC. Scroll down and check under
    "To make your PC sleep" troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

We'll be looking forward for your update.

Haidae Tam, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode.

1. ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode. - Similar Threads - ever since update

2. My PC broke a few months ago from a power outage my MB and ever since i replaced the MB my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC broke a few months ago from a power outage my MB and ever since i replaced the MB my...: I have had my windows redownloaded because it would only load into BIOS a week ago but it still didn't fix the crashing.My specs are,Motherboard: B560 HD3CPU: i5-10400GPU: NVidia GeForce RTX 2060RAM: 16GB...
  3. My PC broke a few months ago from a power outage my MB and ever since i replaced the MB my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC broke a few months ago from a power outage my MB and ever since i replaced the MB my...: I have had my windows redownloaded because it would only load into BIOS a week ago but it still didn't fix the crashing.My specs are,Motherboard: B560 HD3CPU: i5-10400GPU: NVidia GeForce RTX 2060RAM: 16GB...
  4. Windows stuck entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck entering sleep mode: Hi,I have problems with my laptop entering sleep mode. I have thought the problem is to wake up the computer and I have checked many solutions in this topic but they did not work. It is becoming really annoying because everytime it happens I have to press power button to turn...
  5. Windows stuck entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stuck entering sleep mode: Hi,I have problems with my laptop entering sleep mode. I have thought the problem is to wake up the computer and I have checked many solutions in this topic but they did not work. It is becoming really annoying because everytime it happens I have to press power button to turn...
  6. Windows stuck entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC get random BSOD error and restarts multiple times ever since an update a couple weeks ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC get random BSOD error and restarts multiple times ever since an update a couple weeks ago: I updated my PC a couple of weeks ago and ever since then I have been having this issue. I will log on and after a few seconds I will get a BSOD and have any of these errors pop up: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  8. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  9. Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago.: I got a windows update a several weeks ago. I had no choice in the matter. When all was said and done , performance was slightly worse and now I have a reoccurring display problem. My extend dual monitor setup goes back to single monitor , with the second monitor recognized...
  10. My PC is stuck in a sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC is stuck in a sleep mode: I put my PC on sleep mode acidentally and now i cant wake it up i tried everything my keyboard, mouse and monitor are not responding. When i press the power button my PC starts but nothing shows on monitor, keyboard and mouse act like they arent even connected. Its been like...