Windows 10: Ever since Windows updates and Nvidia driver updates my pc has frequently had Kernel-Power...

Discus and support Ever since Windows updates and Nvidia driver updates my pc has frequently had Kernel-Power... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have bug tested this and tried uninstalling the windows updates the ones I can and clean removed the GPU Nvidia driver and installed an older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Empty123456, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ever since Windows updates and Nvidia driver updates my pc has frequently had Kernel-Power...

Hi,

I have bug tested this and tried uninstalling the windows updates the ones I can and clean removed the GPU Nvidia driver and installed an older one and this is still occuring.

Due to the type of error I would naturally assume it is a hardware fault, however this only started happening post updates so want to explore all options before going down that path.

While this seems to happen more frequently while playing games it also crashes while idle on desktop and with minimal applications running. I have noticed movements of mouse/keyboard after pauses in operation seem to trigger it sometimes but other times it is completely random.

Below is a dropbox with a screenshot of the windows updates on 31/08 when it started as well as the event log files and MsInfo. For reference, I upgraded to driver 452.06 on 31/08 and uninstalled and installed 442.74 yesterday but the crashes continue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArniDIEgZMf3jzGof880CD-GZM2B?e=45C1ki

Any other tips to try at this point?

My current plan is to test old GPU new GPU is 5 months old, then try full reinstall of windows clearing all apps, then try test psu or replace motherboard.

Thanks,

:)

Empty123456, Sep 16, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Ever since Windows updates and Nvidia driver updates my pc has frequently had Kernel-Power... 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Sep 16, 2020
  3. injekt Win User
    atitool kernel mode driver windows update issue

I encountered this problem, while resolving another ATITool problem. Below are the steps taken to resolve both.

I swapped out my old ATI card and replaced it with a new one, ATITool then started crashing when I tried loading it. I uninstalled ATITool, selecting the option to remove all settings. Rebooted. Did a windows search for all files in the C:\Windows directory for files named 'atitool', I found 3, two of which were drivers (one of them part of the 'Lastgood' setting). Removed all 3 files and reinstalled ATITool and tried to run it.

This is when I encountered the Kernel driver problem. If I had rebooted before the reinstall, just after removing the atitool files from windows directory, I probably wouldn't have recieved this error. Anywho...

I uninstalled ATITool again, once again removing all previous settings. Rebooted, and tried reinstalling again, and it worked.

--

Maybe the atitool.sys driver file in the windows directory was updated this patch, however, the atitool uninstallation has problems removing this file and the new atitool has trouble updating it?

Cheers.

injekt, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Ever since Windows updates and Nvidia driver updates my pc has frequently had Kernel-Power...

atitool kernel mode driver windows update issue

so i just updated windows xp. here are the 3 upgrades...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - March 2007 (KB890830)
    Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
    Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows XP (KB929399)

after reboot i get this message when loading up atitool

The Kernel Mode Driver does not seem to be running
    A device driver is required for communication with your video hardware
    If you just upgraded from an older version it may help to
    uninstall AtiTool, reboot and then install a the new version.

so i uninstalled atitool and rebooted. then loaded it back on. rebooted. it recognized new hardware and installed the atitool driver.
    but when i load atitool it crashes the program. any ideas??!?

Easy Rhino, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Ever since Windows updates and Nvidia driver updates my pc has frequently had Kernel-Power...

1. Ever since Windows updates and Nvidia driver updates my pc has frequently had Kernel-Power... - Similar Threads - Ever since updates

2. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  3. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  4. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  5. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  6. Frequent BSOD since updating Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD since updating Windows.: Hi, I've been experiencing a lot of BSOD's since last thursday, my collegues are experiencing the same problem.The Error message displayed on the screen is "System Thread Exception not Handled" in file "HTTP.sys"We're developers using Visual Studio 2019 fully updated to...
  7. My windows 10 updated yesterday and ever since it's useless. It has no internet connection,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows 10 updated yesterday and ever since it's useless. It has no internet connection,...: submitted by /u/Jewsjew [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ee2vc3/my_windows_10_updated_yesterday_and_ever_since/
  8. My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.: HP Omen Desktop 870-224 7th Gen. Intel Core i5-7400 processor 8 GBB DDR4-2133 SDRAM mem. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Windows 10 I'm not much of a tech sav, however I had updated my computer a few days ago and didn't touch it until friday, I come back to it and it's all of a...
  9. PC screen freezes since nVidia Driver Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC screen freezes since nVidia Driver Update: I upgraded from Win 7 Home x64 about 2 weeks ago, everything was dandy. Then nVidia send a new graphics driver which I tried to install, but the screen just went black, I left it for 30 mins but then I had to power off. I restarted and the BIOs proceeded normally then the...
  10. Why has Windows 10 Updated my NVidia GPU Driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why has Windows 10 Updated my NVidia GPU Driver?: I've disabled W10 from updating device drivers - see the screenshot. [img] NVidia contol panel and updates are disabled yet today W10 installed a new GPU driver. I'm mystified why the driver was updated when updates should be disabled. 58067