Windows 10: Ever since Windows upgrade in May my computer is no longer syncing google drive, google...

Discus and support Ever since Windows upgrade in May my computer is no longer syncing google drive, google... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, On about May 10th 2020 my HP Elitebook 840 G3, there were some updates in the HP support assistant upgrade section, I installed them cos I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harisshah1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Ever since Windows upgrade in May my computer is no longer syncing google drive, google...

Hello,

On about May 10th 2020 my HP Elitebook 840 G3, there were some updates in the HP support assistant upgrade section, I installed them cos I'm an idiot and trust everything HP do,

from immediately after my computer had lost a lot of files and stopped syncing, I tried a system restore, but for some reason it did not have a starting point before May 10th 2020 I have been using this computer for 2 years now?? I then tried a system reset, but still my files were lost in the registry.

since then my google drive does not sync, I have to re-sign in every time I turn on the computer.

Also my google chrome keeps saying paused in the corner and I have to re-sign in on all my mail, when I close the browser window again it says paused. I have tried all fixes to this including added google chrome to my exemptions under cookies and browsers section in settings

Yesterday I contacted Microsoft support and they suggested i reinstall windows install and upgrade I think, so I did do that and re-signed into my google drive, chrome and yahoo accounts, it worked well, including all the passwords were being suggested.

But when i turned off the computer last night and turned it on today, again I was logged out of all accounts?! so I have to login to my google drive, chrome, Microsoft edge accounts every time?

So why is my computer not syncing? please help as this is sooooooo annoying.

I see online in many articles that this is a new bug that many users are having after the recent windows update.

Also, is there any way of getting back my lost files that I lost on may 10th 2020, before the dreaded HP update killed my computer, self-esteem, livelihood, children, country, etc,..

thank you bold Microsoft warriors for any help!

:)

harisshah1, Jun 21, 2020

2. Syncing with Google Drive

At work we use Google Drive. However, I can no longer sync to that if working from home. Any ideas? Or do I need to switch from Microsoft to Google at home? Thanks.

Diane D520, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we truly appreciate time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to try following the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Navigate to C:\ Program Files (x86)\google\googledrivesync.exe
      OR
    2. Go to Start > Computer > Local Disk (C).
    3. Look for Program Files and open.
    4. Then navigate to Google > Drive.
    5. Double click on the googledrivesync.exe file and check.

If the issue still persists, please refer
    Fix problems syncing to your computer
    and also please post your query in

Google Drive Forum Support
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Ever since Windows upgrade in May my computer is no longer syncing google drive, google...

Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Source: Changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

See also: G Suite Updates Blog: Google Photos will stop syncing to Drive on July 10, 2019

Brink, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Ever since Windows upgrade in May my computer is no longer syncing google drive, google...

1. Ever since Windows upgrade in May my computer is no longer syncing google drive, google... - Similar Threads - Ever since upgrade

2. How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?: I'd like to learn how to use Google Drive. I have about 11 thousand downloads stored on my computer, and I'd like to back them up into the cloud in case anything happens to my computer, but I have a few concerns and questions. My first and most important question is: How do I...
  3. Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing: I added Google Drive to my windows explorer. I then proceeded to update some folder names and add some files inside that "attached" drive. When I went to look for the new folders and files via my phone hooked to my Google Drive, those new folders/files were not showing up....
  4. Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing

Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing: I added Google Drive to my windows explorer. I then proceeded to update some folder names and add some files inside that "attached" drive. When I went to look for the new folders and files via my phone hooked to my Google Drive, those new folders/files were not showing up....
  5. Google Drive for Desktop not syncing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Google Drive for Desktop not syncing on Windows PC: [ATTACH]This post covers what to do if the Google Drive for Desktop is not syncing on Windows 11/10. Without any second thought, it’s almost impossible to find a competitor for Google Drive. From a good amount of free storage, robust security to the cheap paid plans,...
  6. Google Sync

Google Sync: I repeatedly get messages to sync with Google though I have repeatedly done it via settings & confirmed request. If you look at settings it says sync failed but mail is sync'd. I get this message almost daily - help!...
  7. Google drive sync at Logoff/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Google drive sync at Logoff/Shutdown: Hello Community, I have a script which will create a file and deletes an other file in a Google Drive folder.It's working totally fine When I put that script under run> gpedit.msc> logoff script and then logoff from thge computer it doesn't work. Personally I think it...
  8. syncing google drive on multiple accounts

syncing google drive on multiple accounts: My family has a shared computer. Everyone has an account. Everyone has their own google drive. How do we set it up so that each user account backup and sync to their own google account without affecting other people's google account? Paul 164088
  9. Google Drive, sync problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Drive, sync problem: I reinstalled Google Drive and the Drive icon showed up in the notifications bar on the bottom right side of the screen. The Drive got synced but a week later I found that the drive icon is missing and my files on the Drive are not synced anymore. Note: it is not the Google...
  10. how to stop google drive sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop google drive sync: I want to stop google drive sync but I am not able to find it on my computer. Instructions on Microsoft said: Open parameters. Open my Account and I am supposed to see Synchro of account, I do NOT see that option. Thank you for your assistance. Vérifier si vos autres...