Windows 10: Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update

Discus and support Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This seems to be fully documented over internet sites. I have even followed the reinstall instructions from Microsoft with no help. I had a Dec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bry121661, May 21, 2020.

1. bry121661 Win User

Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update

This seems to be fully documented over internet sites.

I have even followed the reinstall instructions from Microsoft with no help.

I had a Dec 2018 clone drive of my data. So as I installed it, here come the Win 10 updates and problem was back.

I have completely removed GeForce 9800 GTX 1 drivers and installed with no luck.

Anyone have a fix?

:)

bry121661, May 21, 2020
  2. Atom1 Win User

New Win 10 install-computer locks up

I recently took an Asus K73E laptop and installed a new clean hard drive and a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. With no other software installed, and nothing running, if I leave the computer on and idle, after a while it will lock up and I have to perform a hard power off and on to restart. Most of what I've read suggests that the problem is BIOS or drivers. My last update was KB4093110 on April 12, 2018.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this? Prior to installing Win 10 it did not lock up the way it is now, so I believe is it software/firmware issue. I did install more RAM during this process, but I've tested the memory and it checked out.

Atom1, May 21, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update scu-png.png

newtekie1, May 21, 2020
  4. Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update

1. Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Everday computer locks

2. After win 10 update, locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After win 10 update, locked out of computer: after win 10 update, the computer wont accept my password. I tried restart in safe mode, but wont accept password again. Tried multiple resets, no luck. Tried to undo win update, reset to earlier date, remove update, but all require a password to continue. What next....i am...
  3. Computer started locking up after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer started locking up after Windows update: Since Windows update my computer has been locking up. It started when Chrome was on and initially I thought it was Chrome problem. But then my computer locked up when I used Exel. My antivirus is Avast and I use P all-in-one, Windows 10, 64 bit and Office 365. I tried to...
  4. Win 10 start up locked 2 computers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 start up locked 2 computers: win 10 recently hanging up on start up with win icon and circling icon and never progresses this started a few days ago on parallels now on a totally separate win 10 computer with separate license think secondary to update cant access anything to create win 10 start up...
  5. My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update: On restarting the computer after downloading and installing the Dec2018 update I noted that the installation was taking a long time and the screen was flashing on and off repeatedly. In installation process gave a message to say that the installation was taking a long time...
  6. After Dec 29, 2018 update, Windows 10 will not pop up login prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Dec 29, 2018 update, Windows 10 will not pop up login prompt: Recently (as in the past 72 hours) I got an HP Pavilion that already came with Windows 10 installed on it. After yesterdays Windows 10 update (12/29/2018) my computer will pop up a clock with a blank blue screen as the background. When I proceed to the login screen only the...
  7. Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio: Windows 10 updated on my computer on December 18, 2018. After update, I no longer have sound. After further research, I now have no speakers. I have done device manager uninstall, checked bios update for my motherboard and download/support for my audio (everything is up to...
  8. Windows update 15th Dec 2018

Windows update 15th Dec 2018: You did an update yesterday, the first I knew was a message stating you would be restarting.... now Today, I cannot find files (yet again what is it with your updates and deleting files). Where are they. One especially is pinned on Excel and now doesn't exist. It has a...
  9. 11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates

11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates: Hi: I found a bunch of updates ready to install on my Win 10 Pro Desktop Machine, so I went ahead and did the updates, and then the machine started to go thru the reboot process and that is where things went bad. I no longer have a desktop available and if I try to Shift,...
  10. Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update: After doing latest updates of Win 10 where restart was prompted, laptop is not restarting/rebooting. Have gotten the black screen + circle which means 'loading' but nothing beyond that. Have waited 15-20 minutes, the mouse registers movement, but will not advance beyond that....