Windows 10: Everthing got deleted from desktop

Discus and support Everthing got deleted from desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everything is deleted from desktop checked in recycle bin but not availble and also created shortcut and draged but nothing is displayed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yogi_077, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Yogi_077 Win User

Everthing got deleted from desktop

Everything is deleted from desktop checked in recycle bin but not availble and also created shortcut and draged but nothing is displayed on desktop..kindly help with solution

:)

Yogi_077, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, Oct 6, 2022
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Everthing got deleted from desktop

How can i restore my accidental deletion of about 1/2 of my desktop icons

Hi,

Since your desktop icons are not in the Recycle Bin, we suggest that you create a new shortcut for your preferred applications. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop > New > Shortcut.
    • Enter the path of the application you want to create an icon or select Browse... > click OK > Next > Finish.
    Note: If the deleted icons on your desktops are not shortcuts, but are saved files, it may be possible to retrieve them if they are saved in OneDrive.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regile Reb, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Everthing got deleted from desktop

1. Everthing got deleted from desktop - Similar Threads - Everthing got deleted

2. Everthing got deleted from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everthing got deleted from desktop: Everything is deleted from desktop checked in recycle bin but not availble and also created shortcut and draged but nothing is displayed on desktop..kindly help with solution...
  3. Everthing got deleted from desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everthing got deleted from desktop: Everything is deleted from desktop checked in recycle bin but not availble and also created shortcut and draged but nothing is displayed on desktop..kindly help with solution...
  4. Photos went to desktop then got deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos went to desktop then got deleted: I was on my desktop when the photos went all over my screen but then they all got deleted. Is there a way to get them back. I checked the recycling bin and its not there. Please help they have old family photos....
  5. Deletion of folder from desktop

Deletion of folder from desktop: Hi, Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an attachment in a mail. This is very surprising. Is there any solution?...
  6. Deleting files from desktop.

Deleting files from desktop.: For some reason, my Windows 10 operating system says I need permission first, in order to delete a folders and its files for Adobe Acrobat Reader. How do I get permission to do this?...
  7. Gaming, everthing is Ctrl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming, everthing is Ctrl: Hello "everyone", When I am gaming, sometimes everything is Ctrl. And there is no way to get it back to normal. But when I press Windows + Alt + Ctrl + Tab, than it works again but some keys don't work anymore than. Even when I play a game that doesn't need quick...
  8. Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.: I have noticed for a while now that certain shortcuts on my desktop keep disappearing into the trashcan, it leaves a blank white space where the shortcut was! I restore them back from the trashcan only to find them back in the trash a little while later, any suggestions...
  9. files got deleted from windows.old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    files got deleted from windows.old: Hi, Windows 10 Pro PC crashed; so I re installed OS with back the file option. After installing the updates I installed the SQL Server which deleted my database files. Is there any way to recover my database file...
  10. Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop

Cannot Delete PDF from Desktop: I have tried the following: -Restarting my computer -Turning off the preview pane -Pressing shift+delete -Punching my screen -Snapping my fingers -Wiggling my nose -Putting tape on the screen to cover the file -Yelling at my computer -Closing my eyes -Calling my IT...