Windows 10: every 2-5 ish minutes this sound plays in my headphones

Discus and support every 2-5 ish minutes this sound plays in my headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhZr08cOPuA I dont know where its coming from, ive updated and restarted my computer, ive tasked managered a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by owen bacon, Feb 5, 2021.

1. every 2-5 ish minutes this sound plays in my headphones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhZr08cOPuA I dont know where its coming from, ive updated and restarted my computer, ive tasked managered a lot of stuff, idk where this sound comes from.

:)

owen bacon, Feb 5, 2021

2. All sound playing through speakers instead of headphones

Hi Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which update caused this issue. Share the KB number.

I understand that the audio is playing through speakers in your Windows 10 laptop

Follow the steps and check if it helps.

Method :

I would also suggest you to make your headphone as the default device when it is plugged in.

This may happen when you have the external speakers set to default.

Perform the task mentioned below to set headphones as default:

1. On the start screen of windows 10 press the ‘Windows key + X’ key on the keyboard and then click on control panel and then Hardware and sound option.

2. Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

3. In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

4. Now check if headphones are listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

5. Highlight that headphones and click on "Set as Default".

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Speaker and Headphones still playing sound

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers automatically
    cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.
    • Typetroubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings,
    your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would also suggest to download and install the latest soundcard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

How to download and install drivers,
    please follow the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/all-drivers

Note: A driver is software that a device uses to work with your PC. Every device needs a driver to work with your PC. So, in many cases, you can plug in a device, and it’ll work
    automatically.

Windows can also download device software and info. This might include an app that the device manufacturer created to go with your device or info like the product name, manufacturer, and model number, to help you distinguish between
    similar devices.

Drivers are updated occasionally. Windows can update them automatically, or you can install the updated drivers yourself. Windows notifies you if it detects a suspicious or unsafe driver you shouldn't install.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.
    • Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".
    • Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".
    • Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue persists, please follow method 4

Method 4:

I would suggest you to refer to the steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, including no sound coming from your speakers or headphones.

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Feb 5, 2021
  4. every 2-5 ish minutes this sound plays in my headphones

Sound cuts off after 2 minutes.

Hi,

To understand the issue better, please provide answers to the below questions;

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

• Did you made any changes to the Computer recently?

• When you said “sound lasts for 2 or 3 minutes” is it when playing a video or audio? If yes which media player are you using to play the audio or video?

• Are you getting any error messages?

I suggest you to go to the below link and check every troubleshooting steps in order. You may drop down option below the title Fix sound issues and select each options and check if the sound issue can be resolved.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

every 2-5 ish minutes this sound plays in my headphones

1. every 2-5 ish minutes this sound plays in my headphones - Similar Threads - every ish minutes

2. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  3. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  4. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  5. fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes: so i have a nice enough config to play games at atleast 90-120 fps on medium setting i even get that fps but after like just 2-3 minutes fps drops to 5-10 for like 10 seconds and then back to normal but this keeps happening every 2 minutes its obviously unbearable...
  6. fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fps drops to 5-10 every 2 minutes: so i have a nice enough config to play games at atleast 90-120 fps on medium setting i even get that fps but after like just 2-3 minutes fps drops to 5-10 for like 10 seconds and then back to normal but this keeps happening every 2 minutes its obviously unbearable...
  7. my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes: Hi,my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes. It's connected through a VGA cable to my laptop.The only thing that helped is that if I run a game in the background it would stop. SO I chose a small game and have to run it on my background all the time so I can use...
  8. Asterisk Sound plays every 6 minutes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asterisk Sound plays every 6 minutes.: Hi. I hear an asterisk sound a double chime every 6 minutes while using my computer or when it is on but idle with programs open. I am using an HP laptop with Core i7 and Windows 10. I have disabled all notification sounds and I see no notifications when I hear the sound. I...
  9. BSOD every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  10. Error sound every 5 minutes with no notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error sound every 5 minutes with no notification: I just recently set up my new computer and I have a notification sound that happens every 5 minutes with no notification alert. I've looked in event viewer and do not see anything. I have turned off the volume and the sound still comes through. Nothing shows up on volume...