Windows 10: Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump

Discus and support Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeroyMonroe, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump

I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator.

When this happens, I also have noticed that scrolling in any application will lag/jump, the mouse cursor will tend to jump, and I presume any operation is being halted through the short interval of lag.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers, sound drivers, graphics drivers and uninstalling some windows updates, but it is not clear to me what the cause is. I event ran a system file check to be sure it wasn't a corrupted system file. I've been
    experiencing this for a few months now (I suppose starting back in May 2018).

My conclusion is that there is something wrong central to my system as the impacts are very far reaching. Aside from this stutter, my PC is fully capable to its normal capacity.

I intend to reinstall the operating system if I cannot find another solution first. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this disruptive behavior?

:)

LeroyMonroe, Oct 20, 2018

2. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz, scrolling to lag, etc.

I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator.
    These bursts of lag last for a really short time (less than a second), but they make audio/video playback quite annoying since I have to hear a disruptive buzzing sound every 5 to 10 seconds.

When this happens, I also have noticed that scrolling in any application will lag/jump, the mouse cursor will tend to jump, and I presume any operation is being halted through the short interval of lag.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers, sound drivers, graphics drivers and uninstalling some windows updates, but it is not clear to me what the cause is. I event ran a system file check to be sure it wasn't a corrupted system file. I've been
    experiencing this for a few months now (I suppose starting back in May 2018).

My conclusion is that there is something wrong central to my system as the impacts are very far reaching. Aside from this stutter, my PC is fully capable to its normal capacity.

I intend to reinstall the operating system if I cannot find another solution first. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this disruptive behavior?

Nicholas.Miller, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 20, 2018
  4. l_turn9 Win User

Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump

cursor jumps to top of page every few seconds

It seems all Microsoft/Win10 programs such as WinExplorer and Control Panel have this problem; when browsing files or photos, the cursor jumps back to the top for no reason. I do not have my screen colors changing so that is not causing it. Besides
    I believe the screen color timer is set for 1 min but the cursor jumps in much less time than that - as often as every 5 or 10 seconds. It is very frustrating to try to do maintenance on folder files only to have to find your place 2 or 3 times a minute.

l_turn9, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump

1. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump - Similar Threads - Every seconds laptop

2. Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +: System and Application logshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXN1guPtFsXh80GYmzPWYBi8XQ0AA?e=25N9f6IntelR core TM i7 -8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz RAM 48 GBsystem type 64-bit operating systemWindows 11MOBO EVGA Z370 Classified KGPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 TIPSU EVGA 750W gold Drive HDX2TBX2 SSD...
  3. Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +: System and Application logshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXN1guPtFsXh80GYmzPWYBi8XQ0AA?e=25N9f6IntelR core TM i7 -8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz RAM 48 GBsystem type 64-bit operating systemWindows 11MOBO EVGA Z370 Classified KGPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 TIPSU EVGA 750W gold Drive HDX2TBX2 SSD...
  4. Constant stuttering every second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  5. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. constant stutter every 10 seconds

constant stutter every 10 seconds: getting a constant system stutter every 6 seconds. mouse pauses, anything running pauses for half a second constantly just re installed windows 10 to an older dell inspirion 15 laptop. also replaced hard drive, memory card and battery. when ran diagnostic and getting this...
  8. AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.: Hello, recently I swopped my HDD for an SSD and installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my Laptop. I Updated all the drivers and my whole PC started to stutter/freeze every 2 seconds. I found out the problem was the graphics driver. So I Rolled back onto an older version...
  9. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...

Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator. These bursts of...
  10. Stutter every two seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stutter every two seconds: My computer sometimes starts to--every two seconds--stutter for like a split second no matter what I'm doing. This is the entire desktop and it goes right over into making videos and games stutter like that, making things unplayable and videos a headache to watch. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 buzzing sound playback every few seconds