Windows 10: Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have...

Discus and support Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KosmicHQ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KosmicHQ, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have...

/u/KosmicHQ, Aug 9, 2020

2. UNABLE TO SAVE **ANY** FILE IN WINDOWS 10

Thank you for the assistance.

1. Have you login as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

I believe that I'm using the Microsoft Account.

2. Are you receiving any error message while trying to save document files?

I get the following error msg when trying to save a file to the Documents folder:

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\File Name ( ie: test01.docx)

You Dont't Have Permission To Save In This Location.

Contact the Administrator to Obtain Permission.

Do You Want to Save the File in the Documents Folder?

The "Yes" or "No" button are available.
    "Yes"
    puts me into a circle with the error msg. "No" lets me out of the window/save process.

3. When you say that "I can't play a game after the upgrade as the game won't save", are you trying to save something in game?

Example game "Banished". The game has an 'autosave' function, which worked prior to the upgrade to Windows 10 without an issue. I'm also unable to 'save' a game when exiting. This function worked without an issue also prior to the upgrade to
    Win10.

4. Are you login as Administrator account?

I believe that my log-in account is has Administrator privileges.

Results of following the suggestions:

Step #1: I am not able to save a MS-Word file to the desktop. When I click the save to the desktop, **there isno
    icon** added to the desktop for the file. NOTE that I am able to find the file in the desktop folder in Explorer however.

Step#2: I appear to be logged in as the administrator. When I follow the suggested path to determine the user settings, there is no "Users" (step #3) available. My icon does appear with the notation of "Administrator" under my user name
    and I appear to be in "Users". So I'm taking this as an indication that I'm the Administrator on the PC. The intent at install was to set myself as the Administrator.

Step#3: I did add "Everyone" (no quotes) to the list successfully. It appears in the list now.

When I click the OK button I get a error for every file in the folder.

Error Applying Security

-- There is a line showing the file path --

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\file name. I get this for every file in the folder, just the 'file name' changes.

-- The error box then says --

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is Denied.

Clicking on the 'Continue' button will bring up the same error box, just with the next file's name.

Clicking on the 'Cancel' button ended up being what was necessary.

Step#4: When trying to Troubleshoot I got the following when using the 'Troubleshoot as Administrator':

"Troubleshooting couldn't Identify the Problem."

Again, thanks in advance for the assistance.

KrisBlackmarr, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 9, 2020
  4. sentosa Win User

Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have...

Problem when Open or save file in some of application

Hi ,

I just reinstall windows 10 , and after a few days looks like I encounter some display error .
    When I tried to open or save file in some application it doesn't show what it should be.

I attach the picture.

Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have... [​IMG]

Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have... [​IMG]

any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

sentosa, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have...

1. Every application in windows 10 is showing this error when saving any sort of file. I have... - Similar Threads - Every application showing

2. Error when saving files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when saving files.: I recently bought a new windows 11 laptop and I am having problems with an app called LWD mobile. The app works fine, but when I try and save a file to the hard drive or in OneDrive, I get an error that the file could not be created. I can however, save the files to a USB...
  3. Error when saving files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when saving files.: I recently bought a new windows 11 laptop and I am having problems with an app called LWD mobile. The app works fine, but when I try and save a file to the hard drive or in OneDrive, I get an error that the file could not be created. I can however, save the files to a USB...
  4. "Save As" Application "Not Responding" When HTML Files Are Downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Save As" Application "Not Responding" When HTML Files Are Downloaded: When I attempt to download HTML files, the "Save As" function doesn't allow me to save but comes up with "Not Responding". But it allows me to save JPG files just fine. I can also upload JPGs as you can see by the included screenshot.I've tried disabling my Ad Blocker and my...
  5. windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error: windows 10 sort file by name in File Explorer error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sort-file-by-name-in-file-explorer/92df0e30-3c51-4aad-9cb4-100c4b2c2293
  6. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  7. Save any application window size and position when closing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save any application window size and position when closing?: I vaguely recall being able to press Shift+X on any open application window or File Explorer window in Windows 7 and when relaunched it would restore that application with the same size and position and monitor. Is there a way to do this natively in Windows 10? That...
  8. Any way to freely sort files in a search without auto sorting in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to freely sort files in a search without auto sorting in windows 10?: Found this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-way-to-freely-sort-files-in-a-folder-without/ee0e6aad-3e65-4ebe-b027-293629329665 @Melchizedek Qui 1. How could we restore the BAGS or replace them to get the auto-search back if we want to have the...
  9. WTCAD Application crash when saving files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WTCAD Application crash when saving files: I keep getting this crash on one computer running Windows 10 x64. My laptop running the same program and same version of Windows runs fine. Here are the two errors generated: Source Watchtower CAD 3.1.010 Summary Stopped working Date ‎11/‎15/‎2019 5:24 AM Status Report...
  10. Wrong alphabetical sort in Windows Explorer when "show file extensions" is ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong alphabetical sort in Windows Explorer when "show file extensions" is ON: Movie titles is a great example, if you got 3 files, Lord of the Ring Lord of the Ring 2 Lord of the Ring 3 and turn ON "show file extensions", then it sorts like this: Lord of the Ring 2.mp4 Lord of the Ring 3.mp4 Lord of the Ring.mp4 This happens because Windows...