Windows 10: Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.

Discus and support Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This has been happening since this computer was new, my desktop had this same problem as well but that got randomly fixed by itself. ive tried opera,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mason O'Dwyer, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.

This has been happening since this computer was new, my desktop had this same problem as well but that got randomly fixed by itself. ive tried opera, opera GX, chrome, Firefox, and few more, every one of them crashes besides edge. I normally use Microsoft windows security, but I tried Avast free and still have problems. I can't go back to an earlier version since I've had trouble since this was new. all the apps and files I have on here are also on my desktop. I'm on windows 11 on both but also had trouble with windows 10.

:)

Mason O'Dwyer, Jan 29, 2023

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 29, 2023
  4. Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.

1. Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening. - Similar Threads - Every browser besides

2. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  3. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  4. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant open anything besides my browser

I cant open anything besides my browser: I can open steam, my files or even settings.I haven't downloaded anything too fishy. I built the computer I am having my issue on so my only guess is that I screwed up somewhere.It worked when I first had it and then it was off for twoish months and everything stopped working...
  6. Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.: This has been happening since this computer was new, my desktop had this same problem as well but that got randomly fixed by itself. ive tried opera, opera GX, chrome, Firefox, and few more, every one of them crashes besides edge. I normally use Microsoft windows security,...
  7. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening: as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and...
  8. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening: as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and...
  9. Every browser besides edge shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every browser besides edge shuts down: Every browser besides edge shuts down after 30 seconds to 2 minutes ( I don’t know the exact times) NOTE: I built my pc and did not buy a windows key. I don’t think that’s the problem because it worked on my friends computer and it’s fine for him. submitted by...
  10. None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.: I've been having this problem basically ever since I got this new computer a few months ago. Only Edge seems to always connect to the internet. I've tried Google Chrome and Opera and they work occasionally, but they usually say it's taking too long and don't connect. I can...