Windows 10: Every browser besides edge shuts down

Discus and support Every browser besides edge shuts down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every browser besides edge shuts down after 30 seconds to 2 minutes ( I don’t know the exact times) NOTE: I built my pc and did not buy a windows key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alifesaverisme, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Every browser besides edge shuts down

Every browser besides edge shuts down after 30 seconds to 2 minutes ( I don’t know the exact times) NOTE: I built my pc and did not buy a windows key. I don’t think that’s the problem because it worked on my friends computer and it’s fine for him.

submitted by /u/alifesaverisme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alifesaverisme, Jul 30, 2020

2. CAN'T SHUT DOWN MICROSOFT EDGE

There have been several times when I have multiple tabs on Edge and I can't **** them down one by one. I have to bring up Task Manager and shut down Edge. I have seen some advice that suggested following the step below but I'm still having the same problem.
    Any ideas? Thanks!

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD and hit Enter key
    • Type or copy/paste the following command line with out quotes at the CMD prompt and hit enter:
    • "start Microsoft-edge:MSN Deutschland | News, Wetter, Sport & Hotmail Login"
    • "start Microsoft-edge:„The Big Blue“ am Fuß der Sierra Nevada"
    • After executing these commands, you should have three tabs opened along with the error tab. Now close the first tab by clicking X,
      with out opening the tab(I.e. Error causing tab)
    • Then go to Hub Icon on the top right on the Microsoft Edge
    • Click on History Icon and select
      Clear all history
    • To clear the browsing cache, click More Action Icons(...) and select
      Settings from the Menu
    • Click "Choose what to clear" and select
      clear by selecting the required check boxes.
    • Re-launch the browser and check it solves the issue.

jfguerra001, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Edge Browser automatically shuts down

Hello. . . It was my default browser and the shutting down kept happening randomly. :|

Miriam1559, Jul 30, 2020
  4. mike s Win User

Every browser besides edge shuts down

Edge browser shuts down on loading anything

Just completed a clean install of TH2 (1511) on a Lenovo Via Nano-based netbook (blow, fan, blow...) prevously running Win7, activated using previous credentials via the genuineticket.xml method. The ISO source is the same one that I have used on several other machines without problems.

After installing the OEM (Win7) drivers and going online to activate, I launched Edge to download Classic Shell. It started up with two tabs - one MSN, the other the "Start" tab. Each lingered for a few seconds, and then displayed the canned "this page is having a problem loading". Each tab then closes and the browser shuts down. Even using Edge as a PDF reader produces the same scenario.

Internet Explorer functions normally, and so I set it to the default browser for now.

Possible solutions I have tried, gleaned from various net searches, without resolution:
    1. Create a new user profile and attempt to launch browser when logged in from that account.
    2. system file checker (no problems)
    3. dism ... /scanhealth and /restorehealth. No component store corruption found, restore completed normally.
    4. Delete the Edge app package folder from localappdata and reinstall Edge from powershell script
    5. Turn off flash support in the Edge advanced settings (using the 3 second time window that the browser actually stays running)
    6. Downloaded and installed all Windows updates as of today.
    7. chkdsk /f ... no problems
    8. Drivers .... see below

Just now I tried to load a PDF file using Edge, and after the crash checked the event log. It finds a crash in Microsoftedgecp.exe, event ID 1000, faulting module KERNELBASE.DLL

The only other issue that my workflow would have missed, is if one of the Lenovo Win7 drivers is the problem; but it's too late for that now. I have searched for newer MS drivers for each component using Device Manager, and there are none. I have also terminated the control panel and helper apps for the Lenovo Power Management, VIA Chome9 display, keyboard shortcuts, Synaptics touchpad, and Realtek HD audio without resolving the problem.

Any suggestions?

mike s, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Every browser besides edge shuts down

1. Every browser besides edge shuts down - Similar Threads - Every browser besides

2. Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.: This has been happening since this computer was new, my desktop had this same problem as well but that got randomly fixed by itself. ive tried opera, opera GX, chrome, Firefox, and few more, every one of them crashes besides edge. I normally use Microsoft windows security,...
  3. Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every browser besides edge crashes right after opening.: This has been happening since this computer was new, my desktop had this same problem as well but that got randomly fixed by itself. ive tried opera, opera GX, chrome, Firefox, and few more, every one of them crashes besides edge. I normally use Microsoft windows security,...
  4. Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...: Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10 minutes. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-beta-for-windows-10-the-browser/d9bd7076-726f-42a9-85df-a7cf774cc06e
  5. Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...: Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10 minutes. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-beta-for-windows-10-the-browser/d9bd7076-726f-42a9-85df-a7cf774cc06e
  6. Edge Chromium browser slowing down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium browser slowing down: About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my...
  7. None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.: I've been having this problem basically ever since I got this new computer a few months ago. Only Edge seems to always connect to the internet. I've tried Google Chrome and Opera and they work occasionally, but they usually say it's taking too long and don't connect. I can...
  8. Edge reluctant to shut down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge reluctant to shut down: Since Christmas, all the Insider preview builds have caused me grief. I had hoped 14316 would have a better Edge, my ordinary upgrades of W10 seem to work ok with Edge. When I left click on the top rhs cross, I expect Edge to instantly close, which only works about 50% of the...
  9. Edge browser shuts down on loading anything

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser shuts down on loading anything: Just completed a clean install of TH2 (1511) on a Lenovo Via Nano-based netbook (blow, fan, blow...) prevously running Win7, activated using previous credentials via the genuineticket.xml method. The ISO source is the same one that I have used on several other machines...
  10. Edge Browser automatically shuts down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser automatically shuts down: Is anyone experiencing this? As soon as I open the browser, it shuts down within a second or two. Sometimes I will get lucky and be able to view a page but as soon as I hit a button on my keyboard, it shuts down again. I have tried fixing the start tab page but nothing has...