Windows 10: Every clean installation makes my Windows corrupt in the first place. Why?

Discus and support Every clean installation makes my Windows corrupt in the first place. Why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I reinstall Windows nowadays, I get some files corrupt. When I run sfc /scannow, it says it found corrupt files and it fixes them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Every clean installation makes my Windows corrupt in the first place. Why?

Every time I reinstall Windows nowadays, I get some files corrupt. When I run sfc /scannow, it says it found corrupt files and it fixes them succesfully. So they get fixed, but why when I do a clean installation, my security fails to update from the Update Windows part, I have to go to Defender and Right Click and Search for Protection Updates. Also, like I said, I have to run sfc /scannow to fix some unknown corrupt files.

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Apr 8, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 8, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 8, 2021
  4. 4747 Win User

Every clean installation makes my Windows corrupt in the first place. Why?

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4747, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Every clean installation makes my Windows corrupt in the first place. Why?

1. Every clean installation makes my Windows corrupt in the first place. Why? - Similar Threads - Every clean installation

2. Why is my windows install corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my windows install corrupt: Why can't resource protection fix my install, seems like it can't do its jobalso with this new windows install i got a BSOD every time i boot it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-install-corrupt/846140a1-cb94-428b-8c38-47b2009929a6
  3. Why is my windows install corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is my windows install corrupt: Why can't resource protection fix my install, seems like it can't do its jobalso with this new windows install i got a BSOD every time i boot it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-install-corrupt/846140a1-cb94-428b-8c38-47b2009929a6
  4. Why is my windows install corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My clean installation of windows get corrupted everytime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My clean installation of windows get corrupted everytime: My clean installation of windows get corrupted everytime and I can't connect to any network on let's connect you to a network screen even having ethernet plugged. I have tried multiple times to install the windows and still I face same corrupted installation again and again...
  6. My clean installation of windows get corrupted everytime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My clean installation of windows get corrupted everytime: My clean installation of windows get corrupted everytime and I can't connect to any network on let's connect you to a network screen even having ethernet plugged. I have tried multiple times to install the windows and still I face same corrupted installation again and again...
  7. First batch of windows updates after a clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    First batch of windows updates after a clean install: Hi, Ive just clean installed Windows 10 this morning. The first thing I did as soon as I got into Windows was to check for windows updates so as to get my system right up to date. There were quite a few windows updates, several drivers and windows defender updates etc listed....
  8. My first clean install with Windows 10

My first clean install with Windows 10: I have downloaded the new O.S onto a USB memory stick ready for the clean install. My question is, will I be better off by formatting my SSD 'C' drive before performing the process or, does the install format the drive as it goes along? I would like to think that the...
  9. Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!

Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!: Hi guys, im trying to make a clean install of Windows 10 using the Clean all comand, after i did : diskpart list disk select disk clean all what should i do next, exit and leave the setup countinue, and i should format it from command promt ?! btw im in UEFI mode . 94061
  10. which partition to place clean install on

which partition to place clean install on: I am doing a clean install via a thumb drive being i am unable to get to safe mode or any windows screen on my desk top, so used my laptop to download from MS the win 10 install I am getting asked which partition to select.. ? Also if i select the wrong one if there is...