Windows 10: Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon

Discus and support Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please assist! I just bought a refurbished Windows 10 about a month ago. I'm over here thinking it would be a little faster and be able to play some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClementineGirouard, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon

Please assist! I just bought a refurbished Windows 10 about a month ago. I'm over here thinking it would be a little faster and be able to play some games. Can someone please tell me why absolutely none of the media files are working? There were some glitches in my games and I tried to download mods and when I attempted to download the mods, every single time the download showed a white blank page icon. Also in my game file, a lot of the icons are showing the very same thing. I can't even click on the game batch file for some reason. When I click on the game shortcut it, it shows a glitchy game with really messed up graphics. So my hands are tied! I tried everything I could, did all the "command" prompts to no avail. Please someone tell me something I do not know and I will take any advice you give. I'm really frustrated! Thanks in advance!

:)

ClementineGirouard, Mar 20, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Icons Blank/Missing After Windows Update

I noticed this too but not on any Office or Store Apps. This worked for me, for the few that were affected with a blank page icon- go to Program Files, locate the exe for, say, VLC, and right click send shortcut to desktop. That will display correct icon. Drag shortcut to All Apps list or pin to taskbar and click replace, if prompted. The rebuild icon tutorial suggested may help with the Store or Office apps. Good Luck

mrgeek, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 20, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

Ok I fixed it, last time I updated GPU-Z and that gave me a blank icon, I just uninstalled my current and downloaded/installed the latest version and the icon is back.

P4-630, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon

1. Every Download and mainly media file I have is corrupted--showing a blank page icon - Similar Threads - Every Download mainly

2. Windows Media Player all file icons are blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player all file icons are blank: All of them are blank they're just black and I don't know how to fix it. Pls help. All of them are like this -> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-all-file-icons-are-blank/f70e5df3-5cff-468e-a674-beec42a9cca9
  3. Windows Media Player all file icons are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player all file icons are blank: All of them are blank they're just black and I don't know how to fix it. Pls help. All of them are like this -> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-all-file-icons-are-blank/f70e5df3-5cff-468e-a674-beec42a9cca9
  4. Windows Media Player all file icons are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...: My desktop Icons show a blank page, and these blank images for these applications also appear on the taskbar. I don't know how to resolve this. I tried to delete the icon catch and restart the Internet Explorer taskbar Manager, I also tried to delete the thumbnail file in the...
  6. I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have my desktop Icons shows a blank page and these blank images for these applications...: My desktop Icons show a blank page, and these blank images for these applications also appear on the taskbar. I don't know how to resolve this. I tried to delete the icon catch and restart the Internet Explorer taskbar Manager, I also tried to delete the thumbnail file in the...
  7. Every .exe files don't get icons (It's not corrupted)

in Windows 10 Support
    Every .exe files don't get icons (It's not corrupted): Windows 10 Version: Dev (21322.1000) Hi! I got a little problem. Every .exe files, or shortcut doesn't got any icon. Just "blank page". I tried everything. Deleting Icon Cache - Not Working Clean Up Thumbnails - Not Working Making New Shortcuts - Not Working Reinstalling...
  8. Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?: Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-monitor-no-start-pageno-icons/e02122b1-e0ce-4480-a834-c985ad3b7589
  9. Every download is corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every download is corrupted: Everytime I try to install something there is always an error or it says the installation was corrupt. I reset the pc and reinstalled everything but the error still occurs. I checked to see if there was something was wrong with the HD and ram but there were no problems....
  10. Blank page icons overlaying .lnk and .url files on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank page icons overlaying .lnk and .url files on desktop: As the title says I have blank pages overlaying only some file extension types. Here is a preview: [img] I have tried everything on forums so far but haven't managed to sort it out. That includes downloading and merging the .reg files for those file types. I'm not a...