Windows 10: Every few days, I lose most of my data fiules. (Windows 10 1903.)

Discus and support Every few days, I lose most of my data fiules. (Windows 10 1903.) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The apps and shortcuts disappear from my desktop, my email client still has a desktop shortcut but has lost all its settings (and doesn't remember any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tangora, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Tangora Win User

Every few days, I lose most of my data fiules. (Windows 10 1903.)

The apps and shortcuts disappear from my desktop, my email client still has a desktop shortcut but has lost all its settings (and doesn't remember any of my correspondents, for autocompleting addresses). When I search for certain important files, either with the native search feature or with "everything" from voidtools, most of the files are nowhere to be found. (I search in "This PC.")

:)

Tangora, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 28, 2019
  4. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Every few days, I lose most of my data fiules. (Windows 10 1903.) - Similar Threads - Every few days

2. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  3. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  4. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  7. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  8. Lose internet connection every day with new Windows 10.

Lose internet connection every day with new Windows 10.: I need to restart my computer each day in order to be connected to the internet? I've even reset the system to Factory Default but the problem persists. How can this issue be corrected?...
  9. Windows 10 crashes every few days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes every few days: Hi I have this issue since April now. Windows 10 randomly crashes every few days. I have now changed 4 hdd's sent the ram for replacement, and have also sent the motherboard for tests. Wondering if anyone had similar problems. I.have Asus Z170a motherboard and 16gb ram...
  10. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...