Windows 10: Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

Discus and support Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thirteenera, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

Hello!

Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD.

However, BSOD doesnt happen. After 2-3 seconds pass, game resumes and everything is fine. There are no errors, no flashing screen, etc. Its as if nothing happened.

My steps so far:

1. Disable CPU, GPU and Memory overclock: Freeze still happens
    2. Run stress test on CPU, GPU and Memory: All tests pass
    3. Run Memtest86 to check RAM: 12 hour test finds 0 errors
    4. I run 2x 2080ti's in NVLink, so my next step was disabling NVlink: Freeze still happens
    5. Removed NVLink bridge, monitors etc only connected to first GPU: Freeze still happens
    6. Connected all monitors to second GPU: Freeze still happens
    7. Checked Event viewer - there are no WHEA or errors of any kind that i can find. The only event that happened at same time as this freeze are the three User Profile Service warnings:

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Profile notification of event Unload for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

At this point i genuinely have no idea what else i could test, or what could be possibly causing this. Any suggestions please?

Win10, 9900k, 2x 2080ti, 64gb 3600 ram (clocked to 3200 normally), 2x nvme ssds, 1x hdd

(FYI this is a fresh build with fresh installs etc)

Also to add, i am monitoring my CPU with CoreTemp, and even during those freezes my CPU temp and useage were normal, and not in any way strange.

:)

Thirteenera, Jan 16, 2019

2. Games keep freezing

The games that I play keep freezing up, is there any reason to this problem? during mid game it just freezes then unfreezes

-1nf1n1ty-, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Sudoku games freezes and unfreezes during play

Hi,

A corrupted profile or game data are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing game freezes in Microsoft Sudoku on Windows 10. To gain a better grasp of your concern, let's answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages while playing the game online?
    • Have you made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue happening to other games as well?

In the meantime, we recommend running the troubleshooter for Windows apps that can help resolve issues with an app from the Windows Store. To proceed, check out this

page
    and follow the prompts on your screen.

Also, ensure to check for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store. All the steps are provided

here

Paul Bab, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

Windows 10 screen freezes and buzzing

Why cannot anybody fix my windows 10 from constantly freezing, followed by a loud buzzing? I have reset my computer mutiple times and followed every suggestion

MichaelThomas_970, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

1. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze - Similar Threads - Every few hours

2. Online games freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online games freezes every few seconds: So this issue came when i installed new modem router archer vr400. Problem is that internet works well on other devices and on my computer as well Its not perfect but it lags much less than in online games. Its just the online games that keep freezing over and over to the...
  3. Online games freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online games freezes every few seconds: So this issue came when i installed new modem router archer vr400. Problem is that internet works well on other devices and on my computer as well Its not perfect but it lags much less than in online games. Its just the online games that keep freezing over and over to the...
  4. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  5. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  6. Surface Pro 3 Freezes Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro 3 Freezes Every Few Hours: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CMTraceBeaulieu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwsyoz/surface_pro_3_freezes_every_few_hours/
  7. BSODs Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  8. Computer completely freezes every few hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer completely freezes every few hours: Hello. I made a post a little while ago. It has gotten much worse since. Every few hours, my pc gets rlly laggy and then freezes after 30 seconds. In the task manager disk usage is always at 100%. Always from different things, but usually, service host: sysmain and System...
  9. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze: Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD....
  10. BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...