Windows 10: Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard...

Discus and support Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, this is getting really frustrating as of lately. I used to have my system language in UK english (it was default back when I installed w10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nitro912gr, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard...

Hello, this is getting really frustrating as of lately.

I used to have my system language in UK english (it was default back when I installed w10, didn't bothered to change it) and I had added a EN US keyboard layout and a Greek keyboard layout in my languages for typing.

In every major update windows kept adding the EN UK keyboard, so I changed the system language to EN US to avoid this behavior.

So yesterday I applied the may update and surprise! windows added again the UK English keyboard!

Now I'm not here to just cry, I'm here to help me get rid of it because it does show in the language bar at the taskbar

Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard... fd62a54d-665e-4cba-a55e-10cbeb02e9a1?upload=true.png

but it doesn't show in the language options to remove it! Also for some reason now it show the US keyboard again, after tampering a bit with the use language to see if it is in the keyboard options another EN one!

Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard... 7dc6f3c2-3de1-4a2d-972c-07355c5de1fc?upload=true.png

What is going on here? Why I have languages that I can't remove from the keyboard selection? How can I remove the unwanted languages?

I though changing the system to US EN could stop adding the UK one, why is it coming back?

:)

nitro912gr, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Ed_GG Win User

Windows Major Update KB4040724 - now desktop does not respond to the USB keyboard

ATTN:
    Romel Ram

• Have you tried removing the recently installed update and check if the issue persists?
    Yes, I have now removed Major Update KB4040724 and did the following...

- I disconnected the current keyboard…went through Steps 1-6.

- and then plugged a totally different mfg & model USB Keyboard into a different USB port.
    I had used this different keyboard from Aug-2016 until March-2017 in Windows 10… without any issues.

- the desktop made no attempt to download & install a required driver.

- The manufacturer instructions are to simply plug the cord into a USB port, and Windows will install the proper driver...that is not happening.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards - Ed

Ed_GG, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Ed_GG Win User
    Windows Major Update KB4040724 - now desktop does not respond to the USB keyboard

RE: Update KB4040724

• Have you tried updating the keyboard drivers?
    This is what I did today, Oct-3-2017...

I disconnected the keyboard…went through Steps 1-6 and the Keyboard still permits me to type 7-8 letters, them behaves in a strange manner…

Example # 1 - type a single "S"….and it inserts 10-12 "S's" without holding the key down.

Example # 2 - keyboard automatically establishes "NUM LOCK" or "CAPS Lock" and will not further respond.

I repeated steps 1-6... no response or control with the keyboard. This keyboard was in use with Win-10, from March-2017 until immediately (as in 1 minute) prior to installing the
    Major Update KB4040724... then going through the required system re-boot...and immediately discovering the non-functioning same keyboard.

I repeated steps 1-6... plugged the keyboard in a different USB outlet on the desktop... desktop downloaded and installed the keyboard driver...same erratic behavior…and then received a Windows 10 error message "The USB device you just connected to
    the computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it".

NEXT STEP

- I disconnected the current keyboard…went through Steps 1-6.

- and then plugged a totally different mfg & model USB Keyboard into a different USB port.
    I had used this different keyboard from Aug-2016 until March-2017 in Windows 10… without any issues.

Again…the desktop automatically downloads the required driver, and allows me to type 8-10 letters and/or digits….and freezes…unable to type letters or numbers.

New response...the keyboard is functional only on the "Windows icon" button…but does not allow me to enter letters or digits.

Q: Have you tried removing the recently installed update and check if the issue persists? Not yet ...but to encounter the identical problem on a totally different keyboard, in a different USB port, appears to be additional indications
    that the problem resides with Update KB4040724 software, rather than the hardware drivers. That is just my opinion as a consumer and not as a Windows 10 expert.

Suggestions or comments appreciated. Thank you. / Ed

Ed_GG, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard...

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard...

1. Every major w10 update add another EN keyboard... - Similar Threads - Every major w10

2. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  3. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  4. Major problems - startup and running W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major problems - startup and running W10: Hope someone will help out an oldie 79 - My original PC had an Asus m/b, W7, with 4GB RAM, then upgraded to W10, fully cared for with current AV and system cleaning. 500GB SATA hdd has >300GB spare space. Recent weeks, it was running slower and slower - minutes to boot up....
  5. Major problems - startup and running W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Major problems - startup and running W10: Hope someone will help out an oldie 79 - My original PC had an Asus m/b, W7, with 4GB RAM, then upgraded to W10, fully cared for with current AV and system cleaning. 500GB SATA hdd has >300GB spare space. Recent weeks, it was running slower and slower - minutes to boot up....
  6. Major problems - startup and running W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Minecraft w10 no aparece en biblioteca

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft w10 no aparece en biblioteca: Hola Hace tiempo compre el Minecraft java versión que venia con un código para activar la versión de Windows 10, lo hice y nunca tuve problemas para jugarlo. Lo que pasa ahora es que he formateado mi equipo y ahora al entrar a la tienda de Windows no aparece el Minecraft...
  8. If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout: I run Windows 10 with de-DE as default language settings. For IT tasks like administration and programming I also use en-US INTL as keymap. So I install en-US language via Windows 10 setting and change keymap to en-us intl. Looks good but after reboot I also have en-UK...
  9. Another Major Email & Password Breach

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another Major Email & Password Breach: See https://www.wired.com/story/collecti...nts-passwords/ Is there any way to find out on which sites your address has been compromised? 125443
  10. When is the major W10 version update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When is the major W10 version update?: I heard rumor that there is a major version update of Windows 10 coming up. Do we know when this is going to happen yet? 79554