Windows 10: Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds

Discus and support Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I unplug the microphone and it continues to happen. It happens every once in a while, and sometimes for a few seconds and other times a few minutes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Collin_A, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Collin_A Win User

Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds

I unplug the microphone and it continues to happen. It happens every once in a while, and sometimes for a few seconds and other times a few minutes. I don't really know how else to describe this, as it has happened with and without several audio programs I have downloaded, but I have SteelSeriesGG and Voicemod. This is the sound it makes. I have obviously tried different microphones and cords. I have tried different jacks and USBs. I have fiddled with sound settings and nothing changed.OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 Other OS Description Not Available OS Ma

:)

Collin_A, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Geethu B Win User
    I've lost the sound and the microphone.

Hi Rod,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sound and microphone.
    I will surely help you with this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt\outdated audio drivers.

Method 1:

To fix the issue with sound, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

To fix the issue with Microphone, I suggest you to make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a. Right-click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b. Now, right-click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c. Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the
    microphone is enabled.

d. You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Geethu B, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Makes Microphone Glitchy

Upon receiving my new laptop, and Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-572G-75AJ, I had a perfectly working microphone and camera. But after the upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607, build 14393) I had a glitchy microphone, anything recorded would be
    choppy, and robotic. This seems to be an issue similar to

This one: Windows 10 anniversary update makes touchpad unusable

https://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-and-M-Series-Lap

Is anyone else having this issue too?

I have made a clean install of Windows, as well as multiple resets. I have tried both unofficial Dolby Audio drivers and Intel SST (Smart Sound Technology) drivers, And the Intel AMT and Serial IO driver is installed via the acer driver page. My BIOS and
    drivers are all up to date, and I have tried using Windows Update. It doesn't work

Help please,

amd64_Skylake, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds

1. Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds - Similar Threads - Every microphone makes

2. Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds: I unplug the microphone and it continues to happen. It happens every once in a while, and sometimes for a few seconds and other times a few minutes. I don't really know how else to describe this, as it has happened with and without several audio programs I have downloaded,...
  3. Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every microphone I use makes glitchy sounds: I unplug the microphone and it continues to happen. It happens every once in a while, and sometimes for a few seconds and other times a few minutes. I don't really know how else to describe this, as it has happened with and without several audio programs I have downloaded,...
  4. My sound gets supressed when i use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound gets supressed when i use microphone: My volume gets suppressed when i use microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-gets-supressed-when-i-use-microphone/ceaaf200-b9d6-45fa-8b79-086785b9f91c
  5. My sound gets supressed when i use microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound gets supressed when i use microphone: My volume gets suppressed when i use microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-gets-supressed-when-i-use-microphone/ceaaf200-b9d6-45fa-8b79-086785b9f91c
  6. Headphone make no sound if i enable microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone make no sound if i enable microphone: HelloSo every time I use my microphone, my headphone stopped working and doesn't make any sound.Is there any way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-make-no-sound-if-i-enable-microphone/3c66b4f3-7db8-4db5-a157-def2fb7ff775
  7. Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound: Hi, A couple weeks ago something happened I don't know what that altered my audio settings. When using my bluetooth headphones with a built in mic, whenever I entered a chat with anyone, other audio would mute. For example, I'm listening to music or watching Youtube and...
  8. Bluetooth headset stuttering/ glitchy sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset stuttering/ glitchy sound: I have a pair of Galaxy Buds plus that work excellently when used as headphones. When I use them as a headset when on a Zoom or Teams call they have a glitchy stuttering sound. The same thing happens with my wife's Apple Airpods, and my friends Google Pixel Buds when paired...
  9. Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input: I plugged in a USB turntable but the only input where I get sound is the MICROPHONE input. I changed it's input to 24bit Stereo and clicked LISTEN, so I can now hear the sound. Unfortunately the internal microphone is still on so I'm getting lots of echo. I've turned off...
  10. Make a microphone sound bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make a microphone sound bad: I need to make my mic sound bad for a joke, and I set it to 16000hz, and i was wondering if i can make it even worse than that? submitted by /u/Bungo-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f74pnw/make_a_microphone_sound_bad/