Windows 10: Every open program has duplicate window in side bar area on right side

Discus and support Every open program has duplicate window in side bar area on right side in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My first question will probably drive ya all crazy like I said in my intro. Here are the system specs first: Windows 10 version 2004 HP DV6 notebook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RKelly5327, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Every open program has duplicate window in side bar area on right side

My first question will probably drive ya all crazy like I said in my intro. Here are the system specs first:

Windows 10 version 2004
    HP DV6 notebook
    2.13 gigahertz Intel Core i3 M 330
    2999.83 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    880.52 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
    7992 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Intel(R) HD Graphics [Display adapter]
    Generic PnP Monitor (15.3"vis)

Okay, here we go. This situation is REALLY hard to describe, I think. I hope you will know what I'm talking about.

Every program I open, every folder I open, immediately opens a duplicate mini-window over along the right edge of the screen in the side bar area. They are not icons. I went the route of trying to get rid of them via Settings, but no icon setting will affect them.
    As I have this screen up right now, if I run my cursor accidentally over into the sidebar area over the top of one of those duplicate mini-windows, then that window becomes the main screen and covers up this window. It is really frustrating! There is no setting available anywhere that I'm aware of that will stop these duplicate mini-windows from popping up along the right edge of the screen.
    I have run malwarebytes and Win Defender both, checking to see if it's malware and can find no trace of any problem there. I ran CCleaner (carefully) and that didn't help.
    I had this same situation happen to an earlier version of Win 10 and the only way I got rid of it was to overwrite the drive with a copy of a good running drive. I can do that again, but that is so time consuming as you know. And I'd far rather find out what's causing this so I can eliminate it and not have to go to that extreme.
    I would pull my hair out but I don't have enough to spare any more, so that won't help. I don't know whether to pray for you folks, that you will come up with an answer, or for my patience. Maybe I should pray for both. *Nerd

I do hope someone can come up with an answer to this mystery. Where is Scooby Doo when you need him??

Thank, folks-
    Ron K

:)

RKelly5327, Jul 7, 2020

2. Opening side by side multiple windows?

That's NOT what I get when right-clicking on the task bar. That's why I was wondering if you can show open pages side by side.

thecruiser, Jul 7, 2020
  3. JP_159 Win User
    Side by side in Windows 10?

This isn't an answer! It's a workaround that doesn't really work.

If you have 3 open windows that aren't minimized it does nothing for you.

Right clicking in an empty area of the task bar and choosing show windows side by side does NOT show them side by side. It stacks 2 of them on the left side, 1 on the top portion of the middle with just the desktop showing at the bottom middle and right
    of the screen.

Is this issue being worked on?

Can this report be unflagged as it has not been answered?

JP_159, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Every open program has duplicate window in side bar area on right side

Windows 10 "side-by-side"

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Method 1:

Step 1: Change the resolution

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on System
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Step 2: Enable Show windows side by side

Make sure that you have at least two windows open.

• Then right-click anywhere on the taskbar and select Show windows side by side.
    • The windows are resized according the number of windows to be displayed. You should note that windows that are minimized are not shown through this side by side interface.
    • When you are done you can close the side by side interface. You can do this by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting
      Undo Show all windows side by side

Additional information : Applies to Windows 10 too.

The video cannot be played here.
    Click here to view this video.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest display driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the Bluetooth drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display/graphic devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Every open program has duplicate window in side bar area on right side

1. Every open program has duplicate window in side bar area on right side - Similar Threads - Every open program

2. Right side of task bar disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of task bar disappearing: The right side of the task bar System Tray/Notification Area has begun to disappear. Have tried rebooting and no change. It appeared intermittently for a couple minutes then just disappeared. Screen shots attached, visible, then gone. Applications open, or closed make no...
  3. Notification bar on right side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification bar on right side of screen: example, windows is nagging because virus protection is going to expire. My Virus program (Viper) is happy, Windows is not. Can this notification bar be turned off? Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.804 174328
  4. Black bar on the right side of the screen

Black bar on the right side of the screen: I just loaded up my new PC yesterday and I have a 1600 x 900 monitor and I have the setting on 1600 x 900 to fit it yet it's still going off to the side. I've done everything I can think off and it still hasn't worked at all....
  5. Show windows side by side not working right

Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  6. Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right side of Task Bar unresponsive: Whenever I try to click Action Center, Time & Calendar, Volume Mixer or Network Settings nothing happens. My System Tray, Start Button & All Program shortcuts are responsive. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Hootla [link] [comments]...
  7. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  8. Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open: I am getting a Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help/2154189f-68c3-446c-a47b-b43ce06e2f09
  9. Opening side by side multiple windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening side by side multiple windows?: Windows 10 apparently doesn't allow multiple windows side by side. In some (most?) forums where you 'drag' pics to a "box" to attach to a post,... how exactly are you suppose to do that? *Confused 121952
  10. Bars on side of window

Bars on side of window: Okay, so after linking my computer to my Microsoft account I started to get these weird bars on the side and bottom of a window on Windows 10. So if someone could help me know how to fix it I would appreciate it [ATTACH]...