Windows 10: Every other day windows asks me for security verification

Discus and support Every other day windows asks me for security verification in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every other day windows 10 asks me for security verification and the password never works. so I ask for a new password and go to my E-mail and use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikalias, Jul 30, 2017.

1. mikalias Win User

Every other day windows asks me for security verification

Every other day windows 10 asks me for security verification and the password never works. so I ask for a new password and go to my E-mail and use the information to log in to verify security which takes me to a random settings page where it show various setting like 'Location' etc. I don't do anything because the setting look ok so I click ok and then it happens again not the next day but the day after the next day and the password I had from the previous verification does not work and I have to go through the whole password verification again just to look at a setting page that looks ok. Is there a way to turn this off? Also today it said somebody logged onto my Microsoft account (it was me requesting a new password) and asked me to create a new Microsoft account. So now I have two Microsoft accounts. What the H*ll is going on? Also the new Microsoft account stay up and you can't log out as when you put the address up it pops up already logged in. The log out button doesn't log you out.? Totally frustrated *Sad I'm also afraid to log out because my login is password is probably gone and has to be changed so do I go to the new account or the old account to change it? I've had that old account many years

Mik

:)

mikalias, Jul 30, 2017
  2. JZamoran Win User

Two-step verification on Windows 10 Mobile

Hello!

I'm using a Lumia 950 XL and almost every time I want to buy something on the store or listen to some music on Groove, I get a sign-in screen which eventually takes me to the two-step verification and it asks for a code from my Cellphone... I don't have
    any problem at all for using security measures but... daily? Why should I have to verify my account every single day?... this is getting really annoying.

Thanks!

JZamoran, Jul 30, 2017
  3. need a code

need a security code to access my account ask me for a security or a different verification options

clarencesquires, Jul 30, 2017
  4. Every other day windows asks me for security verification

What version of Windows 10 are you using, Home, Pro, Education, etc. And who installed/setup this version of Windows? New or second hand PC?

alphanumeric, Jul 30, 2017
  5. mikalias Win User
    I was built in a shop and is 64 bit windows pro on an asus mother board I just added windows home 64 bit with word etc a few days ago but it was doing this before that also. The windows software is a few years old as well as the motherboard. Tje password is not the login password for windows but for a security window that covers the settings window under it. After I get the pass word through my e-mail I put it it and the window goes away and I can look at the setting but the only setting Ive ever changed was location. In two days it will do it again but it will use a different settings window but the password I used for the one where I change the location to off will not work and I will have to go through the whole process with getting another password. There is got to be someplace to turn this off?

Mik

mikalias, Jul 30, 2017
  6. mikalias Win User
    I'm running windows pro 64 bit with home office 64

Mik

mikalias, Aug 6, 2017
  7. Ops sorry, missed or didn't get a e-mail of your reply. Looking at what you posted right now.

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2017
  8. Every other day windows asks me for security verification

Logging in with a Microsoft ID, local account or office365 account?

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Every other day windows asks me for security verification

1. Every other day windows asks me for security verification - Similar Threads - Every asks security

2. Realtek drivers every other day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek drivers every other day: Why in the world are they wanting to update the realtec bluetooth drivers every other day. It's not only aggravating, its not neccessary. Once a month or so with a good patch would work just as well. I have had at least 4 driver downloads that have failed, just to have...
  3. Realtek drivers every other day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek drivers every other day: Why in the world are they wanting to update the realtec bluetooth drivers every other day. It's not only aggravating, its not neccessary. Once a month or so with a good patch would work just as well. I have had at least 4 driver downloads that have failed, just to have...
  4. BSOD Every other day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Every other day: I legitimately do not know anymore, I tried everything, from resetting, changing memory, deleting, updating, rolling back drivers, updating, deleting programs, installing programs, enabling/disabling hardware acceleration, sfc/ commands, chkdsk commands, memtest86. I still...
  5. Every other day I get an error message re. my Microsoft account. It asks me to update my...

Every other day I get an error message re. my Microsoft account. It asks me to update my...: Your account settings are out-of-date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-other-day-i-get-an-error-message-re-my/0c83e9fc-0734-489a-be10-47816acf3bdf
  6. Annoying verification code every day

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Annoying verification code every day: Every night before I shut down my laptop I clear my Bing browser and every morning when I log into my Microsoft account I have to get a verification code by email even though I always check mark the don't ask on this device box. Is there a way to stop this jumping though...
  7. Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...: Hello. I have a Windows Server 2016 server that every day asks to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.1210.0). I let it install and it says I'm up-to-date. The next day, it's back in the list of required...
  8. updates shuold be every other day.

updates shuold be every other day.: change update to every other day thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-shuold-be-every-other-day/2ab3d25d-3875-4031-846e-95ff29805d69
  9. BSOD every other day or so

BSOD every other day or so: Been getting these BSOD errors for a few days now, haven't able to figure it out 84327
  10. BSOD every other day

BSOD every other day: Since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 I get the BSOD every other day. I have updated all drivers and recently installed a new video card because I thought that was the problem. My system is a windows 32-bit, Intel core duo E6750 @ 2.66 ghz, 4.0 GB ram, nvidia geforce...