Windows 10: Every OTHER Windows Version....

Discus and support Every OTHER Windows Version.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does every other version release of Windows always seem to be significantly better than the last? Since Windows 3.11 - I have noticed this peculiar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dilberto, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Dilberto Win User

Every OTHER Windows Version....

Why does every other version release of Windows always seem to be significantly better than the last? Since Windows 3.11 - I have noticed this peculiar pattern:

Windows 3.11 - GREAT
    Windows95 - Meh
    Win98 - GREAT
    Windows 2000 - Meh
    Windows XP - GREAT
    Windows Vista - Lousy
    Windows 7 - GREAT
    Windows 8 - Meh
    Windows 10 - Still Evaluating...

:)

Dilberto, Dec 5, 2015

2. Compatible with Paint Tool SAI?

I can't because even though every other version of windows is an option for compatibility, windows 10 IS NOT

Rebeccca_1234, Dec 5, 2015
  3. still downloading after more than 8 hours ... should i give up?

I would advise not ever using windows 10

but that is not because of download issues,

its because windows 10 is worse then every other version of windows in every possible way.

I will be REALLY surprised if you upgrade and don't continue having more problems with windows 10

Barcode.Zero., Dec 5, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

W 2000 was great and you forgot windows Me and probably would be - Meh for you

sn00ker, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    It's a marketing scheme, keep the public hungering for more! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 6, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Not another one of these conspiracy threads. The only two that were bad, was Dos 4.0 and Windows ME.

bro67, Dec 6, 2015
  7. Dilberto Win User
    Windows ME was so non-epic....I don't even consider it a major release. Meh is right!

Dilberto, Dec 6, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Most people don't know the history behind each release, and why it was the way it was.

Windows ME was never supposed to exist. Windows 2000 was supposed to be the first "NT based" consumer version of Windows, but it wasn't ready (XP, released the next year had the ready parts). Microsoft released Windows ME as a stopgap measure, because hardware vendors needed a new consumer release of Windows to supply drivers and infrastructure, so Microsoft rushed ME out the door (cannibalizing parts of Windows 2000 that were consumer based in the process). Essentially, ME got the parts of Win2k that weren't yet ready really. And this was because OEM's needed a new release (back in those days, users generally didn't have internet access to download drivers).

As for why every other release is "good" (or bad, depending on your view), it's not. People just have selective memories when they remember the past. Win 3.11 was not that great, had tons of problems. Windows 95 was quite good (for what it was, a compatibility bridge between 3.11 and NT), and was one of the most heavily beta tested OS's in MS's history until recently.

XP also had lots of problems in its first release. In fact, XP SP2 was more of a rewrite than XP had been to 2000. Remember how an unpatched XP attached to the internet would be compromised by attackers before it even finished booting?

Mystere, Dec 6, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    That is because it was a crossover like Vista and 8. Too bad that 10 is becoming a sinking ship at this point.

bro67, Dec 6, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    It wasn't a major release, It was just a stopgap W98se with some features to be included in future XP.
    XP was at it's best only toward the end with SP3. Too many people just keep on repeating those Urban myths without actual experience in all or even any of those OSs.
    I have same Love - Hate relationship with all the editions. Each one had more or less troubled start, got better after a while and than became obsolete, time for new one and than all over again.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Every OTHER Windows Version.... - Similar Threads - Every Version

2. Windows update fails every single day to install 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 2'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update fails every single day to install 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 2': HiAt my wits' end here. For months now, I've been asked to restart my PC daily for this update. Every day I do, and every day it fails. I've searched around online and tried everything I can find, including:1. Windows update troubleshooter2. Opening a cmd prompt and inputting...
  3. Windows update fails every single day to install 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 2'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update fails every single day to install 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 2': HiAt my wits' end here. For months now, I've been asked to restart my PC daily for this update. Every day I do, and every day it fails. I've searched around online and tried everything I can find, including:1. Windows update troubleshooter2. Opening a cmd prompt and inputting...
  4. Windows update fails every single day to install 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 2'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.: Hello,can i ask about downloading Definition update: KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0. This update come to me windows11 every 2-3days and want install. after success and next few days want it again. i understand that KB2267202 is need to be updated every 2hours sometimes, but i...
  6. KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.

KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.: Hello,can i ask about downloading Definition update: KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0. This update come to me windows11 every 2-3days and want install. after success and next few days want it again. i understand that KB2267202 is need to be updated every 2hours sometimes, but i...
  7. do i really need update to Windows 10, version 22H2. every time it tries to install it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do i really need update to Windows 10, version 22H2. every time it tries to install it...: do I really need to install update to Windows 10, version 22H2. it fails every time it installs. Can i bypass this update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-really-need-update-to-windows-10-version-22h2/b6054c43-0c2e-41a7-b8f9-0ca55a638d51
  8. do i really need update to Windows 10, version 22H2. every time it tries to install it...

do i really need update to Windows 10, version 22H2. every time it tries to install it...: do I really need to install update to Windows 10, version 22H2. it fails every time it installs. Can i bypass this update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-really-need-update-to-windows-10-version-22h2/b6054c43-0c2e-41a7-b8f9-0ca55a638d51
  9. do i really need update to Windows 10, version 22H2. every time it tries to install it...

10. I cannot install windows 10 update version 22h2. Ive tried every way possible that I could...

I cannot install windows 10 update version 22h2. Ive tried every way possible that I could...: tried to download and install update 22h2 for windows 10. gets all the way to 100% and then upon restart says it fails to install. i've looked on the Microsoft website and on you tube and various other forms and have tried all those ways and it is still failing to download...