Windows 10: Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update

Discus and support Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey guys I just got done installing the Creator's Update and whenever I log in to any profile it just hangs at a black screen with a dialog saying... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jimmysmalls, May 23, 2017.

1. Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update

Hey guys I just got done installing the Creator's Update and whenever I log in to any profile it just hangs at a black screen with a dialog saying "Preparing to delete from Programs" along with "Discovered 0 items (0 bytes...). It's done it on both local and active directory profiles. Any idea what's cause this and how to get by it? Thanks!

:)

jimmysmalls, May 23, 2017
  2. DonAmerex Win User

Windows 10 1607 -Horrible update

Hello,

A clients PC just updated to Windows 10 1607 and has had nothing but problems with it. All the time the screen just goes black for no reason and the system hangs, and has to be powered off from the button. Windows update constantly just restarts the computer
    even if your in the middle of doing something. Today every time i opened Chrome and the screen when black. So i pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and got task manager up. But every time i would move the mouse or click, the screen would go black. It seems as if every time
    Windows 10 hangs and gets shut down, Windows updates always have to install when it comes back on. Does anyone know why the screen kept going black?

DonAmerex, May 23, 2017
  3. dzldave Win User
    Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

I have both Lumia 925 and 1520 and after the Black update neither of them works with my Volvo V50 with Blutooth. Worked fine before the update and now it hangs after every 10sec. Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update :(

dzldave, May 23, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update

Was there any error code?
    Open administrative command prompt and run:
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Let us know if these completed successfully or found integrity violations
    Create a new brand new user profile and see if there is improvement or no change

If none of the above work open administrative command prompt then copy and paste:
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

Then find these logs and post using one drive or any cloud program so we can view the logs in notepad
    setupact.log
    setuperr.log

zbook, May 23, 2017
  5. No error it just comes up to the login screen like normal and then after I enter the password it goes straight to that black screen. I added a picture but it didn't seem to make it through the posting process for some reason so I'll add it below. Every profile I try to login to does the "We've got exciting new features" deal and then does the same thing. Is there a way I can open a command prompt at this point without a way to open anything? The task manager doesn't even open. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update [​IMG]

jimmysmalls, May 23, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    How long has that been constant on the desktop? Have you been able to reboot? Does each boot end up in the same display?

Are your files backed up?

If so power off.
    Power on to view the microsoft windows icon and as soon as you see it power off.
    Do this two or three times until you get to Windows troubleshooting options.
    Then navigate through the menu and report back the options that you see:
    Restore
    Reset with save files
    Reset with remove files
    Startup repair
    Startup options
    etc.

What was your operating system before upgrading?
    Which method did you use to upgrade?
    What is the computer manufacture and model?
    Using another computer create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

zbook, May 24, 2017
  7. It's been stuck there for about 2 hours. I can reboot but it does just go to the same thing each time and I've even tried safe mode which loads to the desktop and then just freezes there and you can't click anything.

Files should be backed up but was just hoping there was a fix before doing the restore.

It was on Windows 10 at the start.

It was just getting the update through Windows update. It popped up and said the Creator's update was here and asked when was the best time to restart to install it so I went ahead and restarted.

It's a Lenovo E550.

jimmysmalls, May 24, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

There are things that can be done without a mouse, for example using command line. A command prompt or run command is needed. Were you able to interrupt the boot loop and get to a windows troubleshooting menu (power off when viewing windows icon)? Were you able to start creating or create a bootable windows 10 iso?

zbook, May 24, 2017
  9. I was able to get to the recovery and I was able to restore to the previous version of windows and everything worked fine. I tried the update again and the same thing is happening. It even does the black screen when I boot to safe mode.

jimmysmalls, May 24, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Of these two options which would you prefer:
    1) return to previous version windows and troubleshoot upgrade
    2) perform clean install (delete partitions, format drive, install windows version 1703 from bootable iso)

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update - Similar Threads - Every Profile Hangs

2. black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK: when i create any new profile, admin or regular user, by any method, after a very long setup, when you go to login it is black screen and cursor. task manager shows appdeploymentservice as taking up alot of CPU resource. Seems stuck somehow..but what? My main profile works...
  3. black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen and cursor hang after creating any new user profile - main profile works OK: when i create any new profile, admin or regular user, by any method, after a very long setup, when you go to login it is black screen and cursor. task manager shows appdeploymentservice as taking up alot of CPU resource. Seems stuck somehow..but what? My main profile works...
  4. Creators Update Hangs at 23%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update Hangs at 23%: i've had 4 out of 5 tried end up unsucessfull the only time it completed some of the tweaks for making 10 look like 7, caused 10 to no longer "Sign in" (i'd give my password then brought back to Sign in screen) i understand this is an issue atm, has anyone had a working...
  5. All browsers hang after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers hang after Creators Update: Hi, My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when loading a webpage and says "Not Responding" quite often. While letting the browser in the "Not Responding" state, I opened...
  6. Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs: Hi all, Since updating to the Win 10 CU my PC's Restarting screen sits there and won't proceed to the reboot for precisely 65 seconds. I've timed it several times with my watch. In my old install of Anniversary Update it would only take about 5 seconds before it went...
  7. Windows 10 hangs in a black screen almost every starts.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hangs in a black screen almost every starts.: After installed windows 10 in my machine, almost every time i start than, before the Welcome Screen my windows hangs in a black screen for 20-30 seconds, with the CPU and SSD doing nothing. This happens most when I start the PC, when I just restart this problem happens less....
  8. MMC.exe after Creators Update briefly hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC.exe after Creators Update briefly hangs: I noticed a minor issue after upgrading my 7-year old Lenovo ThinkPad to the Creators Update. In wandering through Device Manager to see what drivers may have been updated, I noticed that on occasion when I clicked on the "Driver" tab of a particular device, it would not...
  9. Black Screen with Creators Update Installed and a Reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Creators Update Installed and a Reboot: Installed the Windows 10 Creators update for the 3rd time to completion each time. After the install, everything was running as expected. I was looking at a digital magazine within Zinio, and after completing several issues the program lockup and I needed to reboot. Zinio...
  10. Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update: I just upgraded my desktop and laptop to the Windows 10 Creators Update. Everything went well and worked properly, until I installed a cumulative update and tried to reboot... Now all I get is a black screen and the spinning dots (like it's booting up), I can see the mouse...