Windows 10: Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago.

Discus and support Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a windows update a several weeks ago. I had no choice in the matter. When all was said and done , performance was slightly worse and now I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonPlayers, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago.

I got a windows update a several weeks ago. I had no choice in the matter. When all was said and done , performance was slightly worse and now I have a reoccurring display problem. My extend dual monitor setup goes back to single monitor , with the second monitor recognized but disabled. When I enable it , all the color information is remembered but the Hz is reset. It is really inconvenient and I cannot rollback the update because its been more than 10 days. Why must these updates that suck be forced upon us? You do realize we pay for this garbage? Can I have my money back? Can you please fix this garbage? Something? Hello?

Running Laptop , sager , 16 g ddr4 ,i7 6600k , nvidia 1070 , all ssd hd , win10 , version 1809 build 17763.914

:)

JonPlayers, Jan 1, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago.

One Monitor running on a 2 monitor display, cant disable the second monitor. Help?

Hi,

If you can't access the Display settings, it means that it appears on the second monitor which you don't have. This happens if Windows is not back to the primary desktop.

We found an article similar with your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by SpiritX MS MVP on this

thread
    . It will guide you on how to disable the second display.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago.

1. Every Reboot , My second monitor is disabled , ever since update month ago. - Similar Threads - Every Reboot second

2. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed: I installed my second gpu gt 710 and connected it to my second monitor. It was all fine until now, for some reason, when using my second monitor, the first gpu 1660 super usage increases even though its not connected and my second gpu usage is 0% and I just went on youtube...
  3. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed: I installed my second gpu gt 710 and connected it to my second monitor. It was all fine until now, for some reason, when using my second monitor, the first gpu 1660 super usage increases even though its not connected and my second gpu usage is 0% and I just went on youtube...
  4. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer keeps crashing ever since I updated Windows a week ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps crashing ever since I updated Windows a week ago: Ever since I updated Windows a little over a week ago my computer has started crashing. Its done it three times now all while I've been doing regular web browsing and watching videos. I even updated my computer again early this morning just to see if that would fix things but...
  6. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 (windows 10), on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes (randomly as far as I can tell), my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  7. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 windows 10, on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes randomly as far as I can tell, my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  8. ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ever since windows update a month ago my pc will get stuck entering sleep mode.: If I manually try to enter sleep mode. the monitor will turn off but the pc will stay on and be unresponsive. Shutdown and restart work completely fine. It happened after updating windows. I went through soooo much troubleshooting. while troubleshooting I had to force...
  9. Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor

Headphone sound is distorted ever since i added a second monitor: Ever since i added a second monitor yesterday my headphone sound has gone distorted, i have tried everything i have found on the web from enhancement changes to uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, i have switched the jacks around tried everything but it always seems to be...
  10. Will Edge ever open in second monitor

in Browsers and Email
    Will Edge ever open in second monitor: What's your take on this. I know 'metro' apps only open in the primary monitor but I'd need this to be implemented. It's a deal killer as far as Edge is concerned. 11973