Windows 10: Every second boot not progressing with new hardware

Discus and support Every second boot not progressing with new hardware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so I recently got a new mobo, cpu and some more ram and rebuilt my machine. Now every second boot it hangs at the Asus screen where usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sketch, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Sketch Win User

Every second boot not progressing with new hardware

Okay so I recently got a new mobo, cpu and some more ram and rebuilt my machine.
    Now every second boot it hangs at the Asus screen where usually within a second the circle of dots appear and spin for a few seconds while windows loads, it never progresses and requires restarting which then everything goes fine.

Entirely unsure on cause as fast boot isn't even available as a cause since hibernation is disabled due to my settings and I can't come up with anything that would be causing it.

:)

Sketch, Jan 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 installation stops at 99%

I am still looking for a solution to get past 99% installation progress. A Windows 10 boot disk might help. Since every time I boot the computer it immediately goes to the 99% installation progress screen I cannot check anything or go online for help.

David WHall, Jan 12, 2016
  3. 5 second audio delay with every start/pause on Windows 10

Hi Kristina,

Based on your concern, it appears that there is a 5 second audio delay every time you play a video file on your desktop or online.

To help us isolate the issue and eventually come up with the best resolution, kindly provide us the following information.

• What changes have you made prior to this issue?
    • Do you have other User Accounts? If yes, kindly check if the same issue is also happening.
    • Have you tried to run your computer on Safe Mode and check if the issue will persist?

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Every second boot not progressing with new hardware

1. Every second boot not progressing with new hardware - Similar Threads - Every second boot

2. New hardware install not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New hardware install not booting from USB: My hard drive in my HP laptop was giving me problems to the point that the PC would not boot into windows and now it won’t recognize the hard drive as a bootable disk. The hard drive is a lost cause so I bought a new one. Clean hard drive and a fresh version of windows 10 on...
  3. New hardware install not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New hardware install not booting from USB: My hard drive in my HP laptop was giving me problems to the point that the PC would not boot into windows and now it won’t recognize the hard drive as a bootable disk. The hard drive is a lost cause so I bought a new one. Clean hard drive and a fresh version of windows 10 on...
  4. New hardware install not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New hardware won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New hardware won't boot Windows 10: I just bought a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU and wanted to reuse all my other existing hardware (GPU, power, DVD drive, hard drive). I hooked everything up and Windows would not boot off the hard drive. I pulled out my laptop and learned that this is normal when the hardware...
  6. Windows loading long on every second to third boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows loading long on every second to third boot: Hello everyone, Ever since I upgraded my desktop PC with a new Motherboard and graphics card see specs below, I am having some problems with starting my PC. Approximately ever second to third boot, Windows is loading for a much longer time than usual, about 1-2 minutes....
  7. Computer boots up only every second attempt

Computer boots up only every second attempt: Hi, when I boot up my computer, nothing happens, and I mean nothing. Black screen. My monitor even says no signal. But when I shut it down and boot up again, it goes into the American Megatrends tab as when you shut down a computer the hard way. Then i go into BIOS and have...
  8. Windows 10 boots every second reboot only

Windows 10 boots every second reboot only: Recently I decided to make a clean installation. I proceeded to download and create a bootable UEFI USB. Already during installation something fishy was going on because when the computer needed to reboot it never got past intial boot screen (or I was greeted with a blinking...
  9. BSOD 60 seconds after boot every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 60 seconds after boot every time: it has given me several reasons for BSOD, such as: unexpected kernel mode trap security check failure and others I forget sorry... I am running in safe mode now without problem for quite a while so I guess it is a driver problem, I hope? here is my debug thing...
  10. "Add New Hardware" Sound Every Time I Boot Into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Add New Hardware" Sound Every Time I Boot Into Windows 10: Every time I turn on my Windows 10 desktop PC, about 10 or so seconds after I get into my desktop (from either a cold boot or reboot) I hear the "new hardware connected" sound. I am not sure why it's doing this or if it even matters but my curiosity is driving me to find...