Windows 10: Every single icon is gone, on my desktop and in my folders.

Discus and support Every single icon is gone, on my desktop and in my folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So yesterday I restarted my pc and all of a sudden, every icon for my apps are gone. There is only text, which is clickable and the apps are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenjiYT, Oct 20, 2020.

1. KenjiYT Win User

Every single icon is gone, on my desktop and in my folders.

So yesterday I restarted my pc and all of a sudden, every icon for my apps are gone. There is only text, which is clickable and the apps are functioning. I have show desktop icons on, I dont have tablet mode on, I've tried resetting the IconCache, but nothing seems to work.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

:)

KenjiYT, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Every single icon is gone, on my desktop and in my folders. :confused:

Mr McC, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Every single icon is gone, on my desktop and in my folders.

Icons on the desktop

Hi,

There are several reasons for your desktop icons not to stay put such as changes in registry, system cache, or an enabled
    Auto arrange icon setting. To rectify your issue with keeping your icons arranged, we suggest that you right-click on any blank space on your desktop, click
    View, then make sure that the check mark for Auto arrange icon is removed.

If the issue persist even after performing the steps above, you can rebuild your icon cache. This method solves most issues with incorrectly displayed icons. Here are the steps to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the
      Run box.
    • Type %userprofile%, then hit Enter.
    • Go to the AppData folder, then open the Local
      folder.
    • Select the IconCache file, then click Delete.

If you're having challenges finding the IconCache file, you have to make sure that your hidden items are visible. Below are the steps:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Every single icon is gone, on my desktop and in my folders.

1. Every single icon is gone, on my desktop and in my folders. - Similar Threads - Every single icon

2. Desktop Folder gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder gone?: I recently deleted my desktop folder on accident while cleaning things out on one drive. I quickly restored it but most of my files were removed from my desktop. I tried moving the actual desktop folder form the C drive onto one drive but then I realized it didnt fix anything...
  3. Desktop Folder gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder gone?: I recently deleted my desktop folder on accident while cleaning things out on one drive. I quickly restored it but most of my files were removed from my desktop. I tried moving the actual desktop folder form the C drive onto one drive but then I realized it didnt fix anything...
  4. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  5. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  6. My desktop icons have become black squares, every single Icon, besides my Recycle Bin.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop icons have become black squares, every single Icon, besides my Recycle Bin.: I've tried rebuilding the Icon Cache, and changing Icons, but nothing seems to work. When I open my folders, the Icons are there, but not on the desktop, even when I refresh my desktop....
  7. all my folders on my desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my folders on my desktop are gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucioco000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke82na/all_my_folders_on_my_desktop_are_gone/
  8. Every Icon on my computer is gone, but text on my desktop is still there.

Every Icon on my computer is gone, but text on my desktop is still there.: This morning I opened my computer to see that all of my desktop icons were somewhat gone. You see, the icons are now just text and the taskbar is now just boxes. I thought this was weird but everything I could find online was about hiding the icons and showing them which was...
  9. My desktop is gone.

My desktop is gone.: I cannot get my desktop to pull up on my computer. I can change my password, but I have a like new desk top, not my files. System mechanic is running a defrag right now, so I know my programs are there., Please help....
  10. Folders/icons on desktop gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders/icons on desktop gone: I am on 1903 I will explain this as it played out I had battlenet on my computer but it was a blank icon..tried uninstalling it but it wouldn't let me. I could not get it to uninstall. Not sure why it was blank..i never uninstalled it before. I downloaded a fresh copy of...