Windows 10: Every so often Intel RST keeps doing this....any suggestions?... please....there is no way...

Discus and support Every so often Intel RST keeps doing this....any suggestions?... please....there is no way... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vaishnav_jois [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vaishnav_jois, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Every so often Intel RST keeps doing this....any suggestions?... please....there is no way...

/u/vaishnav_jois, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Intel RST service is not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Intel RST service is for the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. The Intel Rapid Storage Driver provides speed for data transfer and improves the performance for SATA drives or PCIe drives.

• What is the make and model of the computer and motherboard?

You can follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Changing the startup type for Service

You can try changing the startup type for the Intel RST service and check if that makes a difference. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type serivces.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, scroll down, look for Intel RST service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    4. Now, under startup type select Automatic from the drop down menu.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 2: Updating the drivers manually

You can try downloading the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Driver from the

Intel Website
    and check if that helps. However, I would suggest checking with the motherboard manufacturer website as well.

If you are using RAID configuration, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RAID configuration.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Shaki#2 Win User
    intel rst driver

i dont have win 10 installed so cannot try... does intel rst works? i have found that it is much faster then MS default drivers with 97 boards with win 8.1. Not so much in benchmarks, but in practice win 8.1 boots much faster with iastora.sys then benchmarks
    difference suggests.

Shaki#2, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Every so often Intel RST keeps doing this....any suggestions?... please....there is no way...

RAID spontaneously degrading (Intel RST)

Id suggest if you are going to dabble with RAID use hardware RAID and not the intel onboard shit. *Smile Every so often Intel RST keeps doing this....any suggestions?... please....there is no way... :) Only thing you can really do is get your data off those drives before RST throws a fit, possibly changing SATA cables like FORD said above.

Athlon2K15, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Every so often Intel RST keeps doing this....any suggestions?... please....there is no way...

1. Every so often Intel RST keeps doing this....any suggestions?... please....there is no way... - Similar Threads - Every often Intel

2. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing every so often: I have noticed my computer freezing every so often. It happens more often when I am playing certain games. However I have noticed several events happening around the same time as the freezes. They are Events 129 and 153. I have run a memory check and storage check on the...
  3. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing every so often: I have noticed my computer freezing every so often. It happens more often when I am playing certain games. However I have noticed several events happening around the same time as the freezes. They are Events 129 and 153. I have run a memory check and storage check on the...
  4. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Internet Keeps Cutting out Every so Often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internet Keeps Cutting out Every so Often: Every so often on my home computer the internet randomly cuts out, stating on whatever site I'm on that I am offline. This was a minor inconvenience at first but now it does it a lot more, proving it very hard to stay on one site until it freezes, states that it is offline,...
  6. My Internet Keeps Cutting out Every so Often

My Internet Keeps Cutting out Every so Often: Every so often on my home computer the internet randomly cuts out, stating on whatever site I'm on that I am offline. This was a minor inconvenience at first but now it does it a lot more, proving it very hard to stay on one site until it freezes, states that it is offline,...
  7. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  8. Screens are refreshing every so often

Screens are refreshing every so often: I'm running into a huge problem. I have Dual Monitor Setup, and every so often, both screens will blink like it's refreshing. . . If i'm watching a stream, the video goes GREEN, and I have to refresh the page. Getting rather annoying 165238
  9. intel rst will not install

intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  10. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...