Windows 10: Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted....

Discus and support Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm getting really tired of this shit :( I just wanted to shoot some space russians win 10 why do you make my life so hard :( submitted by /u/Achiron... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Achiron, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted....

I'm getting really tired of this shit Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted.... :( I just wanted to shoot some space russians win 10 why do you make my life so hard Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted.... :(

submitted by /u/Achiron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Achiron, Feb 19, 2020
  2. ElderN Win User

boot critical file D:\hal.dll is corrupt

What happened to the system prior to this incident?

Is your operating system really installed on your D drive?

Is the system a dual boot with two different OS installed of do you just have Windows only installed?

Sometimes the problem is not that the file is not (missing) or corrupt but Windows just can't find the file because of some hopefully minor corruption of the NT File System (NTFS). Folks can go to great lengths and extremes trying to replace the file (which
    never works) when all that needs to happen is a run of chkdsk with error correction (chkdsk /r).

The good part is that at least Windows is starting to load...

The file system can get corrupted from things like power failures, brown outs, aborted restarts, ungraceful shutdowns, etc.

Have any of those events occurred prior to this incident?

You could run a chkdsk with error correction from a Windows installation DVD, System Repair disk, or a Hiren's Boot CD.

I would start with the chkdsk with error correction since if the file system is corrupted, none of the other ideas of Startup Repair, etc. are likely to help until the corrupted file system is repaired first - then you might not need to do any of those
    things.

But you are going to have to boot on something in order to run the chkdsk and have been given some suggestions to create some bootable media (or you could make a Hiren's Boot CD).

Report back and see if any of the suggestions result in being able to create some bootable Windows media.

For quite some time the heidoc option for Windows 7 has been reporting:

Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted.... 6b332663-8c95-4ae6-8bde-22e8267de6c0?upload=true.jpg

ElderN, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted....

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted....

1. Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted.... - Similar Threads - Every CHKDSK runs

2. I'm trying to run chkdsk /f on my D: drive and it's been stuck at 0% completion for an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to run chkdsk /f on my D: drive and it's been stuck at 0% completion for an hour: So today out of nowhere my external sea gate hard drive starts acting up. My laptop recognizes that it's connected but none of the stuff I've downloaded on it loads. For example I have a few games on steam that I have installed on my D: drive, none of these games appear as...
  3. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...: Hi,Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions and changes my drive ownership.I can change those back easily enough using the security tab, however, whenever I run chkdsk again the same thing happens. I don't understand what on earth is happening and...
  4. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...: Hi,Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions and changes my drive ownership.I can change those back easily enough using the security tab, however, whenever I run chkdsk again the same thing happens. I don't understand what on earth is happening and...
  5. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Running Chkdsk on a Bitlocker system drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running Chkdsk on a Bitlocker system drive: Is it possible to run chkdsk on a Bitlocker drive? I would like to run chkdsk but as this is the system disk when it reboots will it be able to process if the drive is bitlockered? Would I first have to decrypt? V1909 18363.1316 172307
  7. Running Chkdsk on a Bitlocker system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Chkdsk on a Bitlocker system drive: Is it possible to run chkdsk on a Bitlocker drive? I would like to run chkdsk but as this is the system disk when it reboots will it be able to process if the drive is bitlockered? Would I first have to decrypt? V1909 18363.1316 172307
  8. Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive: Pc randomly restarted by itself a few nights ago and ever since chkdsk runs on every boot for my ssd drive. Wondering if this is something to be concerned about or if chkdsk is now scheduled automatically to run every time? Because there are no issues and pc seems to be...
  9. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer: I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows? I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters submitted by /u/Oceirot...
  10. chkdsk running at every boot, can't stop it

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk running at every boot, can't stop it: Hello! I recently set my Windows 10 computer to run chkdsk at the next reboot. Well, I just rebooted, and chkdsk is failing. It pops up the standard "Checking drive C:" message for a split second then I get a BSOD with the error "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED". I figured it's...