Windows 10: every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode

Discus and support every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my pc is relativly old 4 years, i have followed all tutorials on how to boot up pc, but the same thing keeps happening. I launch my pc, and it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ice Tea2, May 18, 2023.

1. Ice Tea2 Win User

every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode

my pc is relativly old 4 years, i have followed all tutorials on how to boot up pc, but the same thing keeps happening. I launch my pc, and it goes into the windows repair mode always says "pc didnt launch properly", i tried numerus commands in cmd cant get it to work, also it says "0 windows instalations found" after i ran some command, then i tried to reset my pc all the types that are available in the repair menu but it didnt let me, THEN i reinstalled windows and i could atleast get into my pc i could download games and google chrome again, but then after i restarted the same problem happe

:)

Ice Tea2, May 18, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2023
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 18, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve the issue. I understand that when you try to start the computer, you receive an Automatic Repair screen. However, we would like to know the details requested below:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I would suggest you to try booting the computer to Safe Mode and see if you are able to boot the computer into safe mode. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on Advanced options on the screen.
    2. Click on Startup Settings and click on
      Restart.
    3. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

If you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking, try performing clean boot on the computer and see if the computer boots.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2023
Thema:

1. every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode - Similar Threads - every boot goes

2. debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up: it says "[1028/175139.863:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3"every time i boot my pc up, any tips?...
  3. debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up: it says "[1028/175139.863:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3"every time i boot my pc up, any tips?...
  4. debug.log shows up every time i boot my pc up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode: my pc is relativly old 4 years, i have followed all tutorials on how to boot up pc, but the same thing keeps happening. I launch my pc, and it goes into the windows repair mode always says "pc didnt launch properly", i tried numerus commands in cmd cant get it to work, also...
  6. every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every time i boot up my PC it goes to into repair mode: my pc is relativly old 4 years, i have followed all tutorials on how to boot up pc, but the same thing keeps happening. I launch my pc, and it goes into the windows repair mode always says "pc didnt launch properly", i tried numerus commands in cmd cant get it to work, also...
  7. Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up: Hi every time i boot my pc up i get the scanning and reparing drive messge with a pretty long error code after a few mins it goes and the computer loads the desktop as normal and runs fine i was wondering if anyone knew how i could stop this from happining every time i boot...
  8. Stuck with automatic repair every time I boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck with automatic repair every time I boot up: It all started with a blue screen, I had a boot error no bootable device so i've been trying to do all of the youtube tutorials. I've tried to use chkdsk but it shows up with i/o error. My laptop has no system restore points and every time I tried to use Reset this PC my...
  9. Every time I boot up...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I boot up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drums-and-percussian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egd2ot/every_time_i_boot_up/
  10. Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up: [img] The scanning as shown above takes place every time I boot windows. I have no other OS installed and I have a 32gb SSD (where windows is installed) and a 500gb HDD (for other files and stuff). How can I remove this? PS: I guess this happened after I installed the...