Windows 10: Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

Discus and support Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with Windows 10 running on the domain-based. Whenever the regular "user" clicks Sign Out" from their account, the Windows computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eron, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Eron Win User

Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

I have a problem with Windows 10 running on the domain-based. Whenever the regular "user" clicks Sign Out" from their account, the Windows computer restarts instead of supposedly logging out to the Windows login menu. It doesn't happen if I use an administrator account.

How do I resolve it? Are there any settings in the GPO that I should aware of that needs to be changed?

:)

2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Oct 28, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

little cat, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

1. Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting - Similar Threads - Every click sign

2. Windows crashes every time I restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes every time I restart: Every time I restart, my computer shuts down fine, and when it comes time for the loading screen to show up, there's just...nothing. For 10-15 minutes. Then there's a crash report that shows up, and then it starts. But it starts and operates thereafter slowly and in a...
  3. Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it: I recently changed my user folder name on my PC, and now whenever I close Netflix, It logs me out. Is there a possible fix for this in the registry editor? Here is the screen I get after I close the Netflix app submitted by /u/YANKEEMAN12345 [link] [comments]...
  4. PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Wipes itself Every Time I Restart: I recently installed the last windows update. Now my pc wipes itself every time I restart or shut down my computer. What could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wipes-itself-every-time-i-restart/8b2b467b-5c5c-4e79-af2a-89dff935f002
  5. Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart: I have a Dell XPS13 9350. I recently had to wipe the computer. When I restored it, Bluetooth is off every time I restart the computer. To resolve I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter. The troubleshooter reinstalls the device and it fixes it. I would like to find a...
  6. every time I restart it has forgotten me

in Windows 10 Customization
    every time I restart it has forgotten me: The other day, my computer must have updated. When I opened it, all of my setting were gone, no wallpaper, no nothing. Like a new computer. I cannot find the photos app and the startup menu does not allow me click on the microsoft store. It just goes dark. I can't figure out...
  7. Microsoft sign in every time you click to a different page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft sign in every time you click to a different page: Why if you are use to using Google Browser, why do the apps say they will not function correctly unless you use Microsoft Edge. And every time I go to a new page, Microsoft Edge wants me to sign in again even though I have checked a million times, keep me signed in. I have...
  8. Unusual sign in activity every time I log on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unusual sign in activity every time I log on: So every time I log onto my laptop I get an e-mail from Microsoft telling me that there has been some unusual activity on my account. It happens directly after I've logged in. The thing is, I live in Indonesia and the Microsoft notification says the log in was from Madrid,...
  9. External devices broken every time I restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External devices broken every time I restart: I have a Surface Pro 3. I've had it for a year, came with Windows 8 (or 8.1 - can't recall). Upgraded to Windows 10 and it worked fine. Sometime in the last 2 months, pretty much every time I reboot, or put the computer in sleep mode, etc, ANY external device stops...
  10. Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in: Until yesterday everything was working fine. This night I shutdown my computer and this morning, when I started it up, I noticed the icons of my dekstop in the default location and with the default dimensions. I repositioned them , I changed icon dimensions again but if I...