Windows 10: Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

Discus and support Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with Windows 10 running on the domain-based. Whenever the regular "user" clicks Sign Out" from their account, the Windows computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eron, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Eron Win User

Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

I have a problem with Windows 10 running on the domain-based. Whenever the regular "user" clicks Sign Out" from their account, the Windows computer restarts instead of supposedly logging out to the Windows login menu. It doesn't happen if I use an administrator account.

How do I resolve it? Are there any settings in the GPO that I should aware of that needs to be changed?

:)

2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Oct 28, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

little cat, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting

1. Every time I click sign out the windows is restarting - Similar Threads - Every click sign

2. iTunes crashes every time click on "Sign in" to account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes crashes every time click on "Sign in" to account.: Worked previously but stopped after I signed out. Downloaded from Microsoft Stoere initially. Tried to uninstall and download from Apple but it said the Microsoft version didn't completely uninstall. Tried repairing as well. Restarted multiple times, used disk cleanup and...
  3. iTunes crashes every time click on "Sign in" to account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes crashes every time click on "Sign in" to account.: Worked previously but stopped after I signed out. Downloaded from Microsoft Stoere initially. Tried to uninstall and download from Apple but it said the Microsoft version didn't completely uninstall. Tried repairing as well. Restarted multiple times, used disk cleanup and...
  4. A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in"

A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in": I accidentally clicked, "Lock Account" and from there, everything went downhill.Every time I startup the computer, it takes me directly to my account screen. I click, "Sign In" and then a gray box with the title, "Microsoft" appears and then disappears, and I still can't log...
  5. A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in": I accidentally clicked, "Lock Account" and from there, everything went downhill.Every time I startup the computer, it takes me directly to my account screen. I click, "Sign In" and then a gray box with the title, "Microsoft" appears and then disappears, and I still can't log...
  6. every time i click the "sign in with microsoft" button on minecraft.net it takes me to a...

every time i click the "sign in with microsoft" button on minecraft.net it takes me to a...: says it all in the title. im trying to go change my minecraft username but the goddamn website to log in won't even load. it just sits there doing nothing. and i have no other way to log into the website because of the migration stuff....
  7. Windows crashes every time I restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes every time I restart: Every time I restart, my computer shuts down fine, and when it comes time for the loading screen to show up, there's just...nothing. For 10-15 minutes. Then there's a crash report that shows up, and then it starts. But it starts and operates thereafter slowly and in a...
  8. Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix signs me out of the app every time I close it: I recently changed my user folder name on my PC, and now whenever I close Netflix, It logs me out. Is there a possible fix for this in the registry editor? Here is the screen I get after I close the Netflix app submitted by /u/YANKEEMAN12345 [link] [comments]...
  9. Microsoft sign in every time you click to a different page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft sign in every time you click to a different page: Why if you are use to using Google Browser, why do the apps say they will not function correctly unless you use Microsoft Edge. And every time I go to a new page, Microsoft Edge wants me to sign in again even though I have checked a million times, keep me signed in. I have...
  10. Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons position/dimension reset every time I sign-out/sign-in: Until yesterday everything was working fine. This night I shutdown my computer and this morning, when I started it up, I noticed the icons of my dekstop in the default location and with the default dimensions. I repositioned them , I changed icon dimensions again but if I...