Windows 10: Every time I connect my phone to my PC via USB so I can use pdanet tethering pdanet just...

Discus and support Every time I connect my phone to my PC via USB so I can use pdanet tethering pdanet just... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any help? submitted by /u/kalpytron [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kalpytron, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Every time I connect my phone to my PC via USB so I can use pdanet tethering pdanet just...

/u/kalpytron, Dec 24, 2020
  2. andreah1 Win User

How to set PDAnet as metered connection?

I am trying to meter a connection on my laptop. It's a little different, not sure if you can help. I have the creator's update and did go in and set my ethernet to metered and it shows as such. I have also set most of the wifi's I use the same (there's a couple that I don't want metered so I can do WU if needed). BUT, I used to tether my phone to the laptop and use the phone data thru Foxfi. With a recent update to the android system (nougat), you can no longer tether your phone wirelessly. You have to plug the phone in by usb and open PDAnet on the laptop and connect. For some reason I can find no way to meter this. It's not considered "ethernet" nor wifi. When I go into setttings, network it seems to show under the ethernet area as PDAnet but it's downloading ALL updates and wiping out my phone data at a mad rate. I have to pay extra this month because of it. I did try to go into the registry following the steps but always get an error message, something like you don't have permission (I did do all the steps). Why would it do this even if I can see that the ethernet is metered? Any ideas or help? Right now it's the ONLY way I can get on my personal laptop at work. I'm not allowed to use work ethernet, etc.

andreah1, Dec 24, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    PdaNet+ not installing Network driver err=5b4

"see if an older Google USB driver works: on the computer go to Start->Programs->PdaNet and select "Install Legacy USB driver" then wait for it to tell you it is completed. Reconnect and see if it helps." PdaNet+ Help You do not need any extra software to allow you to tether to your device, if you wish to use it for Internet. It will be pretty slow.

bro67, Dec 24, 2020
  4. GeoGiz Win User

Every time I connect my phone to my PC via USB so I can use pdanet tethering pdanet just...

PdaNet+ not installing Network driver err=5b4

PdaNet uninstalls when the network driver doesn't install so it is not in programs to give the ability to install Legacy USB driver. I have gone through the helps on PdaNet+ and have not found a solution. Isent a request to them for help on Thursday but have not received a reply.

GeoGiz, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Every time I connect my phone to my PC via USB so I can use pdanet tethering pdanet just...

1. Every time I connect my phone to my PC via USB so I can use pdanet tethering pdanet just... - Similar Threads - Every connect phone

2. USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?: I am using my phone to connect to the internet. Hence tethering by connecting my phone to the computer: I get 300G monthly via my phone.However, every time I do so the network number goes up, first network 3, then network 4, then 5,6... Is this normal? I am wondering how far...
  3. USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB tethering, every time I plug in my phone it shows a new network, is this normal?: I am using my phone to connect to the internet. Hence tethering by connecting my phone to the computer: I get 300G monthly via my phone.However, every time I do so the network number goes up, first network 3, then network 4, then 5,6... Is this normal? I am wondering how far...
  4. my phone not connected to pc via usb cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my phone not connected to pc via usb cable: my phone not connected to pc via usb cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-phone-not-connected-to-pc-via-usb-cable/739b060c-9bbc-4171-826b-f21629c6afdf
  5. I need help with pdanet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with pdanet: Every time I try to connect with USB it just says "connecting" for about five second then it just goes away, and while this is happening I can't right click pdanet, but once I unplugg my phone from my PC the right click menu pops up and it says "failure to connect, please...
  6. I need help with pdanet

I need help with pdanet: Every time I try to connect with USB it just says "connecting" for about five second then it just goes away, and while this is happening I can't right click pdanet, but once I unplugg my phone from my PC the right click menu pops up and it says "failure to connect, please...
  7. Is there a way I can get my USB Tethering info for my phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way I can get my USB Tethering info for my phone?: I've been trying to get USB Tethering from Phone to PC to work for a while. I keep getting ths same "Unidentified Network" no matter what I do. I've downloaded and installed the drivers for my phone model, I've made sure DHCP is Enabled, and nothing seems to be working....
  8. "Network busy on Windows, please try again" error with PDANet and Android tethering

"Network busy on Windows, please try again" error with PDANet and Android tethering: Can anybody help me. I've re installed the app both on the pc and the phone but still doesn't work /: submitted by /u/Rawa_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h84n9q/network_busy_on_windows_please_try_again_error/
  9. Need help connecting Xbox to pdanet

Need help connecting Xbox to pdanet: I'm trying to connect my Xbox to my phones hotspot through pdanet. I have my Xbox connected to my laptop through ethernet and then the laptop is connected to my phone through wifi connect. I can't seem to figure out how to share the internet connection. I have pdanet on both...
  10. How to set PDAnet as metered connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set PDAnet as metered connection?: I am trying to meter a connection on my laptop. It's a little different, not sure if you can help. I have the creator's update and did go in and set my ethernet to metered and it shows as such. I have also set most of the wifi's I use the same (there's a couple that I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdanet connected to windows 10 but failing to browse

2. pdanet network busy on windows