Windows 10: Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them

Discus and support Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't seem to be able to delete shortcuts on many folders on my sd card inserted into my laptop, it's an SDXC 1TB sd card that I've had in my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M_12345, May 25, 2024.

1. M_12345 Win User

Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them

I can't seem to be able to delete shortcuts on many folders on my sd card inserted into my laptop, it's an SDXC 1TB sd card that I've had in my laptop for months now and haven't had this problem before. A while ago a few shortcuts atarted appearing on many folders in my sd card folders and I don't know what's the cause, every time I tried deleting them it didn't work. The mysterious shortcuts are "My pictures", "My music", "My reports" and "Statements", I have never created those shortcuts but they're everywhere now. Every time I select those shortcuts and press delete on my keyboard they seem

:)

M_12345, May 25, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, May 25, 2024
  3. btarunr Win User
    Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, May 25, 2024
  4. W1zzard Win User

Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them

Had a Question..it was deleted --.--

our policy is to delete only spam/inappropriate posts.

the only person who can "hard delete" posts on the forums is me .. everybody else can just soft-delete the posts, the original author will see those posts in the threads list with a comment why it was deleted.

to the poster it will look like this, without "manage"

Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them [​IMG]

W1zzard, May 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them - Similar Threads - Every delete shortcuts

2. Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I delete shortcuts they come back a few minutes later as if I never deleted them: I can't seem to be able to delete shortcuts on many folders on my sd card inserted into my laptop, it's an SDXC 1TB sd card that I've had in my laptop for months now and haven't had this problem before. A while ago a few shortcuts atarted appearing on many folders in my sd...
  3. volumes and if i delete them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volumes and if i delete them: when i delete a volume that i created using my c:\ space, i added 21gb, will it return the 21gb to my main c: drive or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volumes-and-if-i-delete-them/765d06ba-1e94-4fae-908e-c13b3d61fd49
  4. How to automatically delete a file every time it comes back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to automatically delete a file every time it comes back?: I just want to choose a specific file that will be automatically deleted each and every times it comes back. Any way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-automatically-delete-a-file-every-time-it/71a6b170-ed14-4215-87ef-fc18f376e93d
  5. deleted network adapter drivers keeps coming back after I delete it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleted network adapter drivers keeps coming back after I delete it.: Hello, recently there were some problems associated with my LAN network drivers as they weren't showing and my ethernet was not working, so I downloaded IntelR 82579LM Gigabyte Network Connection but there was a little yellow near it, I updated it but the problem was not...
  6. I had deleted some files from my laptop a few weeks back which i later deleted from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I had deleted some files from my laptop a few weeks back which i later deleted from the...: . submitted by /u/skyrus9616 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcx75p/i_had_deleted_some_files_from_my_laptop_a_few/
  7. Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in

Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in: Hi I am deploying Edge Chromium throughout my company and part of the install script I have is deleting IE shortcuts to discourage use before its unsupported My script deletes the IE shortcut in : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and also :...
  8. Every time I delete these in any way they come back. Please help this is infuriating

Every time I delete these in any way they come back. Please help this is infuriating: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zeppy457 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2q6b7/every_time_i_delete_these_in_any_way_they_come/
  9. Device comes back every time I remove it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device comes back every time I remove it.: So I installed a game from microsoft store on to my friends laptop by logging into my microsoft account on it and ever since I did that, his device has been showing up on my account. Every time I try to remove it however, it pops back on my devices section after about a week...
  10. deleted files come back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted files come back: I have two folders that I need to delete. Every time I delete them they re-appear after maybe 30 mins to 1 hour. I even delete them permanently from the recycle bin, but they still re-appear. Please can someone help. It's driving me mad! Thanks Mike...