Windows 10: Every time I drag a tab to the edge of the monitor these grey diagonal lines appear - how...

Discus and support Every time I drag a tab to the edge of the monitor these grey diagonal lines appear - how... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/myrighttodie999 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/myrighttodie999, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Every time I drag a tab to the edge of the monitor these grey diagonal lines appear - how...

/u/myrighttodie999, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

I would request you to reset the edge settings and then check if it helps.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please revert if the red wavy lines appear while using edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 30, 2020
  3. B03S Win User
    Microsoft Edge - Dragging New Tab to a Second Screen

I have the same issue on my dual and triple monitor setups.

When dragging a Edge tab to a new monitor it opens on the original screen instead of the one I dragged the tab to.

4. Every time I drag a tab to the edge of the monitor these grey diagonal lines appear - how...

Screen showing grey lines

Thank you for answering. The lines are fine grey lines - some vertical and mostly horizontal covering the entire screen. They last for several seconds but have been lasting longer each time they appear.

It is on a laptop, I have gone to device manager and found the monitor listed and updated, but it said I had the most current version of the driver. What else should I do, that has not helped?

Thanks for any help.

Daisy Mae09, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Every time I drag a tab to the edge of the monitor these grey diagonal lines appear - how...

1. Every time I drag a tab to the edge of the monitor these grey diagonal lines appear - how... - Similar Threads - Every drag tab

2. How to drag the cursor to display 2 with a diagonal orientation setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to drag the cursor to display 2 with a diagonal orientation setting?: I have my monitors set diagonally in corners from each other. Once, set. I cannot move the cursor from one screen to the other. There's a toggle to easily do this in windows 11. I am not allowed to use windows 11 yet. I have to use windows 10. Any help greatly appreciated....
  3. How to drag the cursor to display 2 with a diagonal orientation setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to drag the cursor to display 2 with a diagonal orientation setting?: I have my monitors set diagonally in corners from each other. Once, set. I cannot move the cursor from one screen to the other. There's a toggle to easily do this in windows 11. I am not allowed to use windows 11 yet. I have to use windows 10. Any help greatly appreciated....
  4. How to drag the cursor to display 2 with a diagonal orientation setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos: Hey, So i am using an AMD wx5100 GPU and have used simialr cards in previous builds. But when viewimg video in WMP or VLC, i get a lil hang and then these red diagonal lines. I havent seem to be able to find amything on it, just the vertical line. GPU is not on demo mode...
  6. Does anyone know how to fix these diagonal lines?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to fix these diagonal lines?: [ATTACH] Blurry diagonal lines are all over a ton of programs on this PC. I'm guessing it is a gpu driver issue but has anyone seen this before? https://preview.redd.it/wd4yul3m0gv51.png?width=699&format=png&auto=webp&s=edb0ef71bfad596d56a5c9cd47dbfb1a603fa479 submitted...
  7. How do I stop MS Edge from opening a new tab every time I click on a link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop MS Edge from opening a new tab every time I click on a link: When I am in a web page and click on a link, I stay on the tab I was originally in, but a separate new tab opens up with the link. This never used to happen - you used to click on a link and you went straight to that page. In IE Explorer, it was possible to decide whether...
  8. These grey diagonal lines appear on the screen when exiting a tab or when moving the tab...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These grey diagonal lines appear on the screen when exiting a tab or when moving the tab...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/myrighttodie999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j157st/these_grey_diagonal_lines_appear_on_the_screen/
  9. red circle with red diagonal line on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    red circle with red diagonal line on desktop: hi I have a red circle with a red diagonal line through in surrounded by a box on my screen what does this mean thanks bridget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-red-diagonal-line-on-desktop/74ea0b6a-8c9d-4080-9ec9-1a566cd5c725
  10. diagonal lines coming off text on my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    diagonal lines coming off text on my screen: Hello all, I have opened my lenovo Ideapad laptop running on windows 10 after it being shutdown for the weekend today to find these diagonal lines streaking across the screen that seem to come off text. I have not recently installed any programs but when to shut the...