Windows 10: Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens

Discus and support Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Previously it would open up the mail app. i deleted it and now it’s chrome. i’m new to windows so have no idea what could have caused this or what to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cranberrysprite666, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens

Previously it would open up the mail app. i deleted it and now it’s chrome. i’m new to windows so have no idea what could have caused this or what to do

submitted by /u/cranberrysprite666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cranberrysprite666, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Dave____J Win User
    chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens

1. Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens - Similar Threads - Every hit escape

2. I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times: HelloLately my system has been having problemsI press every button, it is typed several times very quickly, for example, Computer writes Ccommpputter like thisIn the game, it is quite clear that the buttons are disconnected and connected, for example, I want to walk, as if...
  3. I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times: HelloLately my system has been having problemsI press every button, it is typed several times very quickly, for example, Computer writes Ccommpputter like thisIn the game, it is quite clear that the buttons are disconnected and connected, for example, I want to walk, as if...
  4. Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key: This problem only started yesterday, which confused me. I haven’t changed any settings in the past day or two, so I was confused where the problem came from. Whenever I would hit a key, a beeping sound would play. I tried turning Filter Keys, Sticky Keys, and pretty much...
  5. Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key: This problem only started yesterday, which confused me. I haven’t changed any settings in the past day or two, so I was confused where the problem came from. Whenever I would hit a key, a beeping sound would play. I tried turning Filter Keys, Sticky Keys, and pretty much...
  6. blue screen every time I hit print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue screen every time I hit print: I get a blue screen every time I hit the print button and the computer has to be shut down! How can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-every-time-i-hit-print/89071096-b7e5-40ab-85d3-720e71bb3652
  7. new laptop opens in Cortana, can't escape

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop opens in Cortana, can't escape: A new Asus laptop arrived today; I plugged it in, turned it on without examining what was on the screen, and started the three-hour battery charge. When I looked at it a while later, a Microsoft Cortana Setting Up Your Account page was on the screen and I can't get out of it....
  8. In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....: From last 1 week i have tried to open google chrome but it always opens Mozilla firefox ,i have tried changing defaults and have tried to delete firefox but nothing work.I have to work on google but it won't let me open chrome.Please help,Thanks...
  9. Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome continually opens new windows with every link, awful.: How to make that stop! What I mean is an entirely NEW window, not a tab is being opened. Every new window is also cascading not full screen. I was reading about sticky keys, and for windows they are off. I also tried under chrome settings a browser reset. edit,...
  10. Accidentally made Chrome open every time I start an application

in Browsers and Email
    Accidentally made Chrome open every time I start an application: I have an indexing utility called Wilbur that I've used for years on Windows XP. I just installed it on Windows 10. When I opened it, a dialog box came up and said how do you want to open this utility. I incorrectly thought I chose Wilbur, but somehow Google Chrome was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does google open everytime i click escape

2. why is my goooggle starting a new page when i press escape button