Windows 10: Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead

Discus and support Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloades fruity loops studio online and everytime i open the installer the microsoft store opens up instead telling me that i have to buy fruity... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by kyleseegobin, May 16, 2020.

1. Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead

I downloades fruity loops studio online and everytime i open the installer the microsoft store opens up instead telling me that i have to buy fruity loops mobile which is not even the one i downloaded from online

:)

kyleseegobin, May 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 16, 2020
  3. timta2 Win User
    Microsoft to Open a Chain of Retail Stores for its Products

I called it!

01-12-2009
    Microsoft Opens Retail Experience Center
    Microsoft Opens Retail Experience Center
    "I wonder how long it will be before The Microsoft Store opens in the mall down the street?"

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the bad decision that I think it will be. I don't think it is a good time, but I guess they have the money to burn don't they? They are really going to have to do something special to attract customers to their stores. Throwing Windows and miscellaneous software/hardware into a storefront isn't going to produce a winner. Hopefully they will hire some people like previous posters instead of the typical computer store douchebags who don't care. (No offense if you work in a computer store and care.)

timta2, May 16, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead

1. Every time I open an app Microsoft Store opens instead - Similar Threads - Every open app

2. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  3. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  4. i cant launch microsoft store and it instantly closes every time it opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant launch microsoft store and it instantly closes every time it opens: how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-launch-microsoft-store-and-it-instantly/b39931f6-cb14-4c6a-be7c-fc43c83f9def
  5. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  6. Settings app crashing every time I open it

Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  7. Microsoft Flightsim 2020 will NOT open or start. I get the Microsoft Store open instead?

Microsoft Flightsim 2020 will NOT open or start. I get the Microsoft Store open instead?: I have just cloned and replaced my SSD to a new M.2 SSD. All my Apps and Games open and start OK, except Microsoft Flightsim 2020. When I click on FS2020 icon the Microsoft Store opens instead. It says that this product is installed but it will not open or start ? WHY WHY...
  8. Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App opens Microsoft store instead of Games.: Hi, I'm trying to play some games using the xbox app but whenever I hit play on a game instead of opening the game it opens the gaming services page on the Microsoft store, does anybody know how to fix this?...
  9. In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....: From last 1 week i have tried to open google chrome but it always opens Mozilla firefox ,i have tried changing defaults and have tried to delete firefox but nothing work.I have to work on google but it won't let me open chrome.Please help,Thanks...
  10. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...