Windows 10: Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...

Discus and support Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AngryRaccoon44 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AngryRaccoon44, May 2, 2020.

1. Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...

/u/AngryRaccoon44, May 2, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, May 2, 2020
  3. dehermens Win User
    Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, May 2, 2020
  4. Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...

Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.

A customer brought me a machine with an issue I have never seen before. All desktop icons were gone and the only thing on the desktop is 3 lines in the upper left (opens an empty start menu), 3 lines in the lower left (opens all programs list) and the power button above that. I have managed to bring the desktop icons back but when I click the start menu it switches from the desktop with icons to the above mentioned screen with no icons. When it is on this new screen you can't right click on anything. A new user works as it should. The customer has no idea what they clicked on. Is there someway to rest any customization's they have done?

phillyfan2020, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...

1. Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what... - Similar Threads - Every open start

2. Can't click on windows start menu, volume or time but can click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on windows start menu, volume or time but can click taskbar icons: Not sure what's happened but all of a sudden I can't click on certain things. I can't open the windows start menu, change the volume speakers or access the calender but I can access chrome and other items on the taskbar. Not sure if this is related but I can't type anything...
  3. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click the Start menu and the screen locks: Windows 10 21H2, Lenovo 5th gen Yoga 11e. When I left click the Start menu the screen locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-click-the-start-menu-and-the-screen-locks/867eaa16-4b7b-4f31-a795-e8afe00a5bc5
  4. Left Ctrl opening start menu

Left Ctrl opening start menu: Basically whenever I press my left ctrl the windows start menu pops up for some reason. I have no idea why this happens or how to stop it. I've tried a bunch of different things and nothing has worked. At first if I held the left ctrl the start up would come up, but now all...
  5. Search menu opening every time I click the windows key

in Cortana
    Search menu opening every time I click the windows key: Hey all. I've recently encountered a problem every time I press the windows key. I'm having trouble figuring out how to stop this from happening, as I can't access the regular windows key menu. Help would be much appreciated! -Otis...
  6. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...
  7. I click the "Windows" icon in the bottom left corner, type in a file name, then click...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I click the "Windows" icon in the bottom left corner, type in a file name, then click...: For instance, I have a text file labeled "bills." I click the Windows icon, type in "bills" and the file shows up. I press "enter" and the file won't open. As far as I know, I haven't changed any settings. Does anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden? I take notes...
  8. Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...

in Cortana
    Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...: Hello! When I'm opening the start menu after a fresh startup, my left click works properly but opens the contextual menu. However, if I open the search bar, I get completely locked out of the start menu (I can still alt+TAB out of it) because of the contextual menu on top of...
  9. Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:"

Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:": Just upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10. I want to change the Settings for Classic Start Menu 4.2.1. I right click on the Start button, open Settings. Pop is on the Controls tab. I want to change the default for "Left Click opens" from Classic Start menu to the Windows 10 Start...
  10. Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click start menu makes desktop icon disappear.: A customer brought me a machine with an issue I have never seen before. All desktop icons were gone and the only thing on the desktop is 3 lines in the upper left (opens an empty start menu), 3 lines in the lower left (opens all programs list) and the power button above that....