Windows 10: every time I restart it has forgotten me

Discus and support every time I restart it has forgotten me in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The other day, my computer must have updated. When I opened it, all of my setting were gone, no wallpaper, no nothing. Like a new computer. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JodyTzucker, Nov 4, 2019.

1. every time I restart it has forgotten me

The other day, my computer must have updated. When I opened it, all of my setting were gone, no wallpaper, no nothing. Like a new computer. I cannot find the photos app and the startup menu does not allow me click on the microsoft store. It just goes dark. I can't figure out how to restore it like I did with other Windows operating systems. I can't change the security buttons. So frustrated.

:)

JodyTzucker, Nov 4, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond every time I restart it has forgotten me :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 4, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Terrypin Win User

every time I restart it has forgotten me

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

every time I restart it has forgotten me [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

every time I restart it has forgotten me [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

every time I restart it has forgotten me

1. every time I restart it has forgotten me - Similar Threads - every restart has

2. PC has singed me out and resets every time i turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has singed me out and resets every time i turn it on: My PC has signed me out and resets every time I turn it off to a temporary profile. I have tried so many different things and it just never works....
  3. PC has singed me out and resets every time i turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has singed me out and resets every time i turn it on: My PC has signed me out and resets every time I turn it off to a temporary profile. I have tried so many different things and it just never works....
  4. PC has singed me out and resets every time i turn it on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  6. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  7. Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer.: I recently got a copy of Skyrim: Pc Special Edition for windows 10 from the Microsoft store. I installed the program to an external hard drive because I don’t have enough space on my C drive but whenever I restart my laptop and go to start Skyrim, it says that I have to...
  8. Windows crashes every time I restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes every time I restart: Every time I restart, my computer shuts down fine, and when it comes time for the loading screen to show up, there's just...nothing. For 10-15 minutes. Then there's a crash report that shows up, and then it starts. But it starts and operates thereafter slowly and in a...
  9. Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart: I have a Dell XPS13 9350. I recently had to wipe the computer. When I restored it, Bluetooth is off every time I restart the computer. To resolve I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter. The troubleshooter reinstalls the device and it fixes it. I would like to find a...
  10. My computer has forgotten me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer has forgotten me: I really need help! I was trying to change where I wanted one of my video games to go to a different file and when I tried that everything appeared to have frozen and then everything got deleted and my background went black. So I restarted and nothing changed... Even though...