Windows 10: Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

Discus and support Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions and changes my drive ownership.I can change those back easily enough using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NapierThompson, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

Hi,Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions and changes my drive ownership.I can change those back easily enough using the security tab, however, whenever I run chkdsk again the same thing happens. I don't understand what on earth is happening and why...Please help!

:)

NapierThompson, Apr 25, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

how to delete file on c drive? need permission

i accidently save something to c drive. when i try to delete it says need admin permission. how do i delete it?

i am on a computer that dont have any account only 1 and thats me. main one is me. 1 account.

HiddenStupid, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

1. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions... - Similar Threads - Every run chkdsk

2. TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....: I have an issue with TeamViewer application being downloaded on my pcwindows 11 without permission and not being listed on installed apps. every time I delete the app from the folder it keeps re-downloading automatically. It down loads to appdata/Roaming every time in a...
  3. TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....: I have an issue with TeamViewer application being downloaded on my pcwindows 11 without permission and not being listed on installed apps. every time I delete the app from the folder it keeps re-downloading automatically. It down loads to appdata/Roaming every time in a...
  4. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...: Hi,Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions and changes my drive ownership.I can change those back easily enough using the security tab, however, whenever I run chkdsk again the same thing happens. I don't understand what on earth is happening and...
  5. Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions...: Hi,Every time I run a chkdsk, Windows deletes my drive permissions and changes my drive ownership.I can change those back easily enough using the security tab, however, whenever I run chkdsk again the same thing happens. I don't understand what on earth is happening and...
  6. chkdsk scanning and repairing every time i turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk scanning and repairing every time i turn on my pc: chkdsk scanning and repairing C: every time i turn on my pc i have this message I thought it was a hard disk problem , but my computer is new also the hard disk and powerful specificationsi tried fix it with CHKDSK /F /R C: and the result is no problems found or any bad...
  7. Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive: Pc randomly restarted by itself a few nights ago and ever since chkdsk runs on every boot for my ssd drive. Wondering if this is something to be concerned about or if chkdsk is now scheduled automatically to run every time? Because there are no issues and pc seems to be...
  8. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer: I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows? I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters submitted by /u/Oceirot...
  9. Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted....

Every time CHKDSK runs at system boot, it completely fucks my D drive. Files corrupted....: I'm getting really tired of this shit :( I just wanted to shoot some space russians win 10 why do you make my life so hard :( submitted by /u/Achiron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6fabi/every_time_chkdsk_runs_at_system_boot_it/
  10. Every time i reinstall windows i lose permission on my 2nd drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time i reinstall windows i lose permission on my 2nd drive: So, one day I think I was fiddling around with the permissions of one of my HDD I think I was trying to block the access to my brother in his account, and couldn't do it properly so I gave up. The thing is that when I reinstall windows, i kinda lose permission to write on...