Windows 10: Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows...

Discus and support Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't work out why, it will let me change it to chrome and edge, but every time I select inkscape in the default programs by file it changes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nagababoon, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows...

I can't work out why, it will let me change it to chrome and edge, but every time I select inkscape in the default programs by file it changes to explorer instead. It's driving me nuts as I've tried every way of changing it but it never works. It allows me to 'open with' so Inkscape works fine.

I have a new copy of windows 10 pro and I think some security setting must be blocking it as inkscape is not a program found in the app store. Any idea how to change it?

EDIT: As far as I can tell I'm not in S mode but I'm not really sure how to check?

:)

Nagababoon, Nov 23, 2018

2. Changing default program for svg files

How do you change the default program for svg files to Adobe Illustrator when it is not available as one of the options in the default programs menu?

Jude Smith (CSED - Staff), Nov 23, 2018
  3. How to set default programs in Windows 10

How do I set Maple as a default programme when it does not appear in the list of programmes, even though its .exe file appears under Program Files in the directories Maple15 and Maple16.

Failing that how do I set a default programme for .mw files when this extension does not appear in the list, even thought it is a valid extension for Maple programmes.

RonaldCurtisKing, Nov 23, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows...

svg files

Hi Johnnie,

Right click an svg file, choose Open With - Choose Another App

At the bottom of the resulting menu, check the box marked, 'Always use this app to open .svg files'

Look for cricut in the list of apps, if it is there, choose that

If it is not there, scroll to the bottom and choose More Apps

If you still cannot find cricut, scroll to the bottom and choose 'Look for another App on this PC'

Locate the cricut program in either C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

Then click OK

That will reset the file association on svg files . . .

DaveM121, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows...

1. Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows... - Similar Threads - Every set inkscape

2. Setting a default program for a file type in Windows Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting a default program for a file type in Windows Home: My version of Windows 10.0.19044 Build 19044 I installed a PDF reader program and immediately discovered I couldn't find it to set it as the default for .pdf files.After some research and far more messing around compared with Windows 10 Pro, and earlier versions of Windows, I...
  3. Setting a default program for a file type in Windows Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a default program for a file type in Windows Home: My version of Windows 10.0.19044 Build 19044 I installed a PDF reader program and immediately discovered I couldn't find it to set it as the default for .pdf files.After some research and far more messing around compared with Windows 10 Pro, and earlier versions of Windows, I...
  4. Setting a default program for a file type in Windows Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows prompts to set default program, every time I update MPC-BE

Windows prompts to set default program, every time I update MPC-BE: Win 10 Home x64 1909.18363.836 Hello all! New to Win10, and quite a few little 'quirks' I've yet to be able to resolve myself, so, I'll be posting here on occasion until I get everything sorted to my liking. One at a time, of course! Today's major frustration: I use...
  6. Setting default program by file type

Setting default program by file type: I am trying to set programs by file type. In Settings, when I "select a default" I am presented with some Microsoft apps or "Look for an app in the Microsoft store." What I want is a "Browse" option so I can choose my own program that I've installed. Why is that not available...
  7. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  8. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...
  9. Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting

Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting: I have read a lot of posted articles using Google search, but none of them are quite the problem I am experiencing. My hardware is an ASUS Transformer T100TAM. It came with Win 10, but husband installed our registered Win7 in order to get the free Win10 upgrade. When I...
  10. Cannot set default program for .lnk files.

Cannot set default program for .lnk files.: My .lnk files will not open properly any longer. I know you can set the EXT back to explorer in 7. I go to Choose default apps by file type, and I still cannot select a program on my system. Is there a way to use the old Win 7 tool for this. (The right click -> open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make inkscape default app

2. make inkscape default program for svg