Windows 10: Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...

Discus and support Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying to get my external microphone to work on windows for a while now but the only thing I've really found is to set my microphone to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewChayka, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...

I've been trying to get my external microphone to work on windows for a while now but the only thing I've really found is to set my microphone to default in the sound settings, but every time I do that I can no longer hear anything through my headset. The main reason I want my microphone to work through windows is because every game I play my microphone does not work. Discord is the only thing that I've found my mic to work on, and I'm not really sure what to do, any help is good help

:)

AndrewChayka, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Feb 15, 2019
  3. How to set default Microphone

Hello Tixulm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Perform the task mentioned below to set Microphone as default device and then enable it.

1. Right click on Start button and click on control Panel.

2. Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

3. In the new windows click on the tab "Recording” and right click in the window and click on
    Show Disabled devices.

4. Now check if the microphone is listed there and highlight the microphone and click on "Set as Default" device.

5. Now right click on it and choose enable.

Doing this will enable the built-in Microphone.

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...

Error: "You need to set up microphone in settings" while trying to access microphone on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issue with accessing the microphone on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Wasim Asad
    on August 18, 2015 to setup microphone on your device and check if it helps.

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to
    zero.

Also, In order to check if your microphone is set to the default value, you must check it from the “Recording” tab.

To access this option, follow these steps:

• Right click on the volume icon and select Recording Devices.
    • In the window that opens, select the device which has the status Ready.
    • Click on the Set Default from the bottom of the window.
    • If you’ve done this correctly you should see the green mark on the correct microphone and audio level reacting to sound.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the microphone for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...

1. Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer... - Similar Threads - Every set external

2. Every time I reboot my system sounds sets itself to the default volume loud and I have to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I reboot my system sounds sets itself to the default volume loud and I have to...: Title says it all - system sounds volume level is lost after a reboot. I continually have to open the volume mixer and manually turn down the system sounds volume....
  3. Every time I reboot my system sounds sets itself to the default volume loud and I have to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I reboot my system sounds sets itself to the default volume loud and I have to...: Title says it all - system sounds volume level is lost after a reboot. I continually have to open the volume mixer and manually turn down the system sounds volume....
  4. Every time I reboot my system sounds sets itself to the default volume loud and I have to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set to default microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set to default microphone: How do I reset to the default microphone in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-to-default-microphone/decf06c1-bbf6-4901-907d-3f5f5e9242b3
  6. When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!

When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!: [ATTACH] So when I click here it's disappearing every time. I tried restarting my pc and it's still not working! Please help! Here is a link that shows the problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl--nhI-_VM&feature=youtu.be...
  7. I can no longer right click on a printer to set as default

I can no longer right click on a printer to set as default: Since the last update, when I want to right-click on my printer to make it the default printer, the options appear on a printer below the one I want to change. It keeps moving down until it starts back at the top. This prevents me from setting the printer I want as my...
  8. External microphone is not working when set to default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External microphone is not working when set to default: There is no sound in my external mic when I set it to default. I need my external mic to work on Windows 10 and I was prompted to set it to default. I am a gamer and my mic isn’t working. The only thing I make my mic to work on is Discord....
  9. Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...

Every time I set my external microphone to default in the sound settings I can no longer...: I've been trying to get my external microphone to work on windows for a while now but the only thing I've really found is to set my microphone to default in the sound settings, but every time I do that I can no longer hear anything through my headset. The main reason I want...
  10. Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time i set inkscape to be the default program for .svg files it sets it to windows...: I can't work out why, it will let me change it to chrome and edge, but every time I select inkscape in the default programs by file it changes to explorer instead. It's driving me nuts as I've tried every way of changing it but it never works. It allows me to 'open with' so...