Windows 10: Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings.

Discus and support Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have windows 10, and very time I restart, everything restarts. While everything is installed, my account info and other various things are not saved.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CarterYeargan, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings.

I have windows 10, and very time I restart, everything restarts. While everything is installed, my account info and other various things are not saved. I also can’t open several apps, like mail & the Microsoft store. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

CarterYeargan, Jan 10, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 10, 2020
  3. fleet420 Win User
    Dell Inspiron 15 stuck in factory reset loop

I have a Dell Inspiration 15 with win 10. it was bogged and slow as syrup on 125 degree day. I did a factory reset. I followed the instructions went to settings, and just followed the steps. At some point during the reset it asked me about tpm2 settings...I had never seen that before so I followed the recommended choice and went to bed. When I got up it asked me for the usual stuff, location, language, time zone. Then it wanted the name of my WIFI and my password, which I gave. It restarted, then just kept on restarting asking me the first set of questions, language, time zone...over and over, it never asked for internet name or password again, . I can get in to the bios settings by using the f8 key.
    Any suggestions? Hopefully...
    OH I almost forgot, when you do a hard restart, it flashes a tpm2 settings error right before it starts with the dell screen and spinning dots

fleet420, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings.

factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings.

1. Every time I shut down or restart my pc, everything resets to factory settings. - Similar Threads - Every shut down

2. Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.: This problem started yesterday morning. I turned off my computer and came back to it. When I came back I noticed the Lock Screen background was set to default. I put in my password and noticed my desktop wallpaper background was also set to default and my folders where not...
  3. Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.: This problem started yesterday morning. I turned off my computer and came back to it. When I came back I noticed the Lock Screen background was set to default. I put in my password and noticed my desktop wallpaper background was also set to default and my folders where not...
  4. Every time I shut down my pc and come back to it, it resets itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Everything on my desktop resets after I shut it down or restart it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything on my desktop resets after I shut it down or restart it.: I've had this problem since November 2021, ever since I updated it for the windows 11 update. Every time I shut it down, the files that I downloaded would be gone and the wallpaper would be its original one, the windows wallpaper. Another problem that came with it was that I...
  6. Everything on my desktop resets after I shut it down or restart it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything on my desktop resets after I shut it down or restart it.: I've had this problem since November 2021, ever since I updated it for the windows 11 update. Every time I shut it down, the files that I downloaded would be gone and the wallpaper would be its original one, the windows wallpaper. Another problem that came with it was that I...
  7. Everything on my desktop resets after I shut it down or restart it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. "Make Everything Bigger" resetting every time computer sleeps resets or shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Make Everything Bigger" resetting every time computer sleeps resets or shuts down: Hello, I hope I can get some help here because I've been banging away at this problem for some time and am growing really, really frustrated. I recently was able to upgrade my graphics card and monitor. Drivers are updated and everything is fully functional, with the...
  9. every time i restart or shut down my pc all settings get set back to default

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    every time i restart or shut down my pc all settings get set back to default: it started when i saw an update was released so i restarted my pc to do the update. on signing back into my computer everything was reset to default like all my accounts were sing out of, default browser was changed, all my stuff was unpinned from taskbar and many more. when...
  10. How to automatically restart the PC every time it shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically restart the PC every time it shuts down: Hello, So I will have to leave my office for 15-20 days but I would like to use my pc there remotely. I have been using TeamViewer for similar situations for many months and everything works perfectly. I am concerned that in case of my pc shutting down (accidentally I shut...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost my user settings each time pc restarted