Windows 10: Every time I try to download something it says it has a virus and was deleted.

Discus and support Every time I try to download something it says it has a virus and was deleted. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having an issue on my computer where everytime I try to download a file it says a virus was detected and was deleted. Recently I have wanting to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaddixLee, Dec 2, 2020.

1. MaddixLee Win User

Every time I try to download something it says it has a virus and was deleted.

I am having an issue on my computer where everytime I try to download a file it says a virus was detected and was deleted. Recently I have wanting to use my computer for my zoom calls but when I try downloading it A bar pops up asking to run or save I hit run and says running security scan but it takes maybe a second for it to say "A virus was detected and deleted". I am currently running Windows 10 on my Lenovo 110-15ISK. I can't run files, pictures, pdf nothing I have tried removing the anti-virus protection and changing the settings on my browsers but it still says EVERYTHING has a virus. I have also tried factory resetting my computer by removing all the files but when it starts it stays at 1% for 10 minutes then says "Undoing Changes" then it goes back to the troubleshoot screen and says "There was a problem resetting your PC". Can someone please help me fix this problem?

:)

MaddixLee, Dec 2, 2020

2. oops virus

Okay we've had our fun, time to be helpful. Please post a screenshot of ctrl-alt-delete (aka task manager) with all the running tasks listed. From there, we can isolate what your virus is. And other then that, yes, download Avast, run the boot time scan, and press "delete all" when it finds the culprit *Smile Every time I try to download something it says it has a virus and was deleted. :).

zekrahminator, Dec 2, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, Dec 2, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Every time I try to download something it says it has a virus and was deleted. - Similar Threads - Every try download

2. Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...: I already tried updating my antivirus software, it didn't make a difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-download-anything-it-says/39a3f277-bdc3-491f-a795-f617f195d825
  3. Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time i try to download anything it says "virus scan failed" and wont download. How do...: I already tried updating my antivirus software, it didn't make a difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-download-anything-it-says/39a3f277-bdc3-491f-a795-f617f195d825
  4. 'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...: I wanted to use the Xbox app, but it says it needs an update. So its making me go into the Microsoft store to do that, but every time I try to I keep getting. Something has happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest. I don't even know what that means. I have tried...
  5. 'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...: I wanted to use the Xbox app, but it says it needs an update. So its making me go into the Microsoft store to do that, but every time I try to I keep getting. Something has happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest. I don't even know what that means. I have tried...
  6. 'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...

7. Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed: Whenever i download something it says virus scan failed. I aslo cant turn on my microsoft defender anti virus, I have tried changing the value to 1 ive tried uninstalling all other anti virus things nothing has worked...
  8. Game saying error every time I try to download it.

Game saying error every time I try to download it.: I got forza horizon 4 a few weeks ago and the game was working fine until one day it would not let me open it. I then uninstalled and tried reinstalling the game, it would then not download and kept saying error Code: 0x80070003. I have enough space and keep clicking to put...
  9. Hard disk vanishes every time I download something?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk vanishes every time I download something?!: My laptop has 2 hard disk partitions, C: and D: and is running Windows 10 build 19042.630. Recently I've been experiencing a very weird issue. Any time I download anything on D:, it vanishes. It disappears from My Computer however it shows up again once I restart my PC and...
  10. Windows store keeps crashing every time I try to download something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store keeps crashing every time I try to download something: So I just built my new pc and I wanted to download halo wars 2 so I left it to download and I made the mistake of putting it to sleep. I came back and I didnt make any progress so I closed the store and later i try to download halo mcc and the store crashed I tried it again...