Windows 10: every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not...

Discus and support every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DannyLamping, Sep 3, 2019.

1. every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not...

every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not printing

:)

DannyLamping, Sep 3, 2019
  2. jcm000 Win User

Problem Associating Spreadsheet Files with MS Excel 2010 After Launching an MS Excel 2016 Trial ...

I use MS Excel 2010, and after launching what was a pre-installed version of MS Excel 2016 one time, my spreadsheet files are now associated with the soon to exprire (it expires today) trial of MS Excel 2016. I am unable to restore the association with
    MS Excel 2010 via the Control Panel's 'Default Programs' option.

How can I reset the file association so that my spreadsheet and csv files are associated with MS Excel 2010, and
    not MS Excel 2016?

Under ... Set Your Default Programs >>> Excel 2016 >>> Choose Defaults for This Program >>> Set Associations for This Program ... the options to deselect cannot be changed. I believe the responsible animal is at the bottom of the file-type list, under
    'Protocols'; its check box is marked, and it is identified as 'MS-EXCEL Url:Excel Protocol Microsoft Office 2010.'

I'd guess that declaration specifies that my spreadsheet and csv file associations are set to MS EXCEL 2016, and not MS EXCEL 2010. However, as with the other options, it cannot be unchecked.

I believe this requires a registry edit similar to this Fixing an Excel File Type Association After Upgrading ... but
    one that is specific to my situation.

Please advise.

Many Thanks!

jcm000, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Time to update MS Office

I'm still rocking MS Office 2003 (oh yeah, you're jealous).

I've been starting to make a lot more use of Excel at my job. The work place has (depending on the PC I'm on) has Office 2010 or 2013. I can't really work on things at home since 2003 is, well, way behind in the current capabilities of 2010 or newer.

Does anyone know of a cheap (legal) place to buy (physical or digital) copy of MS Office 2010 or 2013? I mainly make use of Word and Excel, so I don't need anything fancy.

I've come across a couple of sites with cheap keys, but I'm not sure if they're legit; such as:
    http://www.getonlinesoftware.com/
    http://www.microsoftproductkeys.com/

neatfeatguy, Sep 3, 2019
  4. every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not...

Microsoft office starter 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you have Microsoft Office 2010 starter installed on your computer in the past?

Mostly OEM computers come with MS office starter pack preinstalled, if you had MS office installed on the computer in the past I would suggest you to follow the steps under the section
    Uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run products in the article below.

Update, repair, or uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run products

Repair an Office application

Do let us know the results. feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not...

1. every time I try to install MS Office 2010 with Windows 10 I have a problem with Excel not... - Similar Threads - every try install

2. I have ms office 2013 installed and now if i install ms office 365 should i have to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have ms office 2013 installed and now if i install ms office 365 should i have to...: I have ms office 2013 installed and now if i install ms office 365 should i have to uninstall ms office 2013i started installing without uninstalling how long will it take to install and can i shut down and will it resume after i restart...
  3. I have ms office 2013 installed and now if i install ms office 365 should i have to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have ms office 2013 installed and now if i install ms office 365 should i have to...: I have ms office 2013 installed and now if i install ms office 365 should i have to uninstall ms office 2013i started installing without uninstalling how long will it take to install and can i shut down and will it resume after i restart...
  4. I have ms office 2013 installed and now if i install ms office 365 should i have to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office 2010: Hard drive is dying on my other laptop is dying. Trying to get office 2010 off it. Got my product key, but unsure if it will let me use it again. Can't find the exe file for it. I have my product key. But unsure if it will work on my laptop Im using now. I downloaded the file...
  6. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2010: Hard drive is dying on my other laptop is dying. Trying to get office 2010 off it. Got my product key, but unsure if it will let me use it again. Can't find the exe file for it. I have my product key. But unsure if it will work on my laptop Im using now. I downloaded the file...
  7. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 2010: New laptop with W10s installed; attempted install MS Office 2010, but even though it installed and can be found in programs and features, I cannot find it anywhere else let alone work from it? In other words, it's apparently on my new laptop, but hidden or?...
  9. Installing MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing MS Office 2010: I have Office 2010 installed already on a 32 bit Windows 10 OS. I want to install it on my 64 bit OS also. When I run the install I get an error soon after entering the key: Setup cannot find Office en-us\OfficeLR.cab. Can anyone suggest why this should occur with one of...
  10. Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Problem With Old Office 2010 on New Windows 10 Computer: So I downloaded Office 2010 onto my new computer using the original key, and it all seems to be working except: When I double click on an excel filename it opens excel, but not the file. I get a window with all the icons in the frame, but the icons are greyed out, and the...