Windows 10: Every Time I try to launch a game called ATLAS this messege pops up titled Bad Image.

Discus and support Every Time I try to launch a game called ATLAS this messege pops up titled Bad Image. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; C:\WINDOWS\System32\mfasfsrcsnk.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WillHickman, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Every Time I try to launch a game called ATLAS this messege pops up titled Bad Image.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\mfasfsrcsnk.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020.

My computer is riddled with problems (none should be virus related since I have a very good anti-virus software and rarely use untrustworthy websites), if it helps the problems began when I accidentally let my laptop die. I was not there when it died so I don't know what happened but it was never the same when I charged and booted it up. when I try clicking the windows button at the bottom left of the screen or pressing the windows key a pop up appears saying "critical error, the start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". also a message saying "activate windows, go to settings to activate Windows." has been at the bottom right corner just above the task bar ever since. my computer came with windows and I had already upgraded to windows 10 at this point. I've tried the recommended solution for the critical error problem (putting your computer into safe mode) 7 times, tried resetting my computer to factory (it wouldn't let me) and going to settings (which I couldn't find for some reason). this began over a year ago and I decided to save up for a new computer since this one isn't quite enough for me anymore anyways.

but, I would quite like to play ATLAS with my friends today or tomorrow, so it would be great if someone could tell me how to fix the bad image problem and if possible some of the other issues I mentioned.

:)

WillHickman, Dec 28, 2018

2. [Title of game].exe - Bad Image

Hi,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error: ''payday2_win32_release.exe -Bad Image'' when you're trying to open the game. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more details. Kindly answer the following
    questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to this concern?
    • Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help you remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 28, 2018
  3. FrostInc Win User
    Bad image error

i can't play my games thanks to this bad image error. Every time i'm launching a game from steam, it'll try to install directX, and then a bad image error will pop up. Please help.
    Every Time I try to launch a game called ATLAS this messege pops up titled Bad Image. 3923968d-b867-4a7c-8840-dd633e349651.png

help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

FrostInc, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Every Time I try to launch a game called ATLAS this messege pops up titled Bad Image.

[Title of game].exe - Bad Image

So,at night I was about to play my game Payday 2 when it said ''payday2_win32_release.exe -Bad Image'' could you tell me what the heck this means.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

LEMANEJEFF, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Every Time I try to launch a game called ATLAS this messege pops up titled Bad Image.

1. Every Time I try to launch a game called ATLAS this messege pops up titled Bad Image. - Similar Threads - Every try launch

2. Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program and never does...
  3. There is an application error every time I try to launch a game on the epic games app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an application error every time I try to launch a game on the epic games app.: I cannot launch a game on the epic games app. Every time I try it says there has been an application error and in the text it reads numbers. The numbers are 0x0000005. Does someone know how to get rid of this. Please help me....
  4. There is an application error every time I try to launch a game on the epic games app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is an application error every time I try to launch a game on the epic games app.: I cannot launch a game on the epic games app. Every time I try it says there has been an application error and in the text it reads numbers. The numbers are 0x0000005. Does someone know how to get rid of this. Please help me....
  5. Box Pops Up Every Time I sign In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Box Pops Up Every Time I sign In: I upgraded my Nvidia GPU drivers to a hotfix version, 461.51, which installed with a constant "NVIDIA Web Helper.exe -Bad Image C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.0dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the...
  6. Every Time I play a Game lines of colors pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Time I play a Game lines of colors pop up: Every Time I play a Game lines of colors pop up and a white bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-play-a-game-lines-of-colors-pop-up/0d08cc91-a6a8-45f6-b454-2687afc1b019
  7. Bad Image pop up when trying to use certain apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad Image pop up when trying to use certain apps: So a few months back I noticed after I reinstalled Razer Synapse I started getting an error any time my computer booted up or I tried to open the application "RzSynapse.exe - Bad Image C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msvcp100.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains...
  8. Sorry for the bad image trying to install windows 10 and this pops up need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorry for the bad image trying to install windows 10 and this pops up need help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bob2002lb15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv47ac/sorry_for_the_bad_image_trying_to_install_windows/
  9. Bad Image Error message pops up every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Image Error message pops up every time: Following error pops up everytime I am trying to run some installed programs on my computer. [ATTACH] I tried to uninstall those programs but system is not allowing me to uninstall. I also tried to restore my system in safe mode but there are no restore points being shown....
  10. Photo Viewer Pops Up Every time I download an Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo Viewer Pops Up Every time I download an Image: Every time I download an image the photo viewer pops up. Extremely annoying and then my computer has to load the file and your program is really slow loading. It's a big problem. It just started doing this after a Windows Update... somebody probably thought it was a good...