Windows 10: Every time I try to use cortana this happens

Discus and support Every time I try to use cortana this happens in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AthleticAlbatross [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AthleticAlbatross, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Every time I try to use cortana this happens

/u/AthleticAlbatross, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Every time I try to use cortana this happens

Turning Cortana Back On

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens when you try to turn it on?
    • Do you get any error message when your trying to turn it on?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer after you turned Cortana Off?

For now, I would suggest that follow the steps below and check if you are able to start Cortana.

• Go Settings, Time & Language, Speech, Speech, inking, & typing
      privacy settings.
    • Get to know me - turns Cortana on

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Every time I try to use cortana this happens

1. Every time I try to use cortana this happens - Similar Threads - Every try cortana

2. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  3. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  4. My BSOD every time I try to use it while it charges

My BSOD every time I try to use it while it charges: For the last month, my Windows 11 laptop has been blue screening every single time I plug it in to charge. This didn't happen before, but I checked, and there's really not anything I've done differently for this to happen. I've gotten every single error code too, the most...
  5. My BSOD every time I try to use it while it charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BSOD every time I try to use it while it charges: For the last month, my Windows 11 laptop has been blue screening every single time I plug it in to charge. This didn't happen before, but I checked, and there's really not anything I've done differently for this to happen. I've gotten every single error code too, the most...
  6. Games freezing every time something happens.

Games freezing every time something happens.: Ok so recently, I've gotten into this game called Valorant. There's a catch though. Every time I shoot or use an ability, my game freezes up. This happens to no other games like roblox/minecraft, etc. I have 465 GB and 12 GB of ram. Can someone help me?...
  7. This happens every time I log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This happens every time I log in: [IMG]what is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-happens-every-time-i-log-in/250d28af-f914-46b0-a7fb-891f6fdbaed2
  8. Every time I install something and try to run it, this happens. What is wrong????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I install something and try to run it, this happens. What is wrong????: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ronnie2ktraash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzgopf/every_time_i_install_something_and_try_to_run_it/
  9. This happens every time I try to go into Search > Searching Windows. In windows search it...

This happens every time I try to go into Search > Searching Windows. In windows search it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JigTheFig [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fneesz/this_happens_every_time_i_try_to_go_into_search/
  10. This happens every time I try to go into Search > Searching Windows. In windows search it...

This happens every time I try to go into Search > Searching Windows. In windows search it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JigTheFig [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fneesz/this_happens_every_time_i_try_to_go_into_search/