Windows 10: Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password

Discus and support Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I turn off my computer Sleep and Hibernate and then open it again, it automatically unlocks without needing a password.I know that this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ItsMeGreenTea, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password

Every time I turn off my computer Sleep and Hibernate and then open it again, it automatically unlocks without needing a password.I know that this is the setting to change it but even though I always set it to When PC wakes up from sleep, it keeps reverting back to the Never option by itself. Its really annoying and bugs me every time. Is there a fix that can stop this reverting to the Never option by itself?

:)

ItsMeGreenTea, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Powwers16 Win User

Can't remove password required to unlock device

Same thing here, I tried what the Fracking4Oil suggested and it seemed to work for a little bit actually but my computer is back to asking me for a password again every single time i want to unlock. Is this just a glitch with the OS?

Powwers16, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password

Computer turns on automatically

Hi Lindsay,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer automatically turns on. To resolve this, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps on this

thread
    that was provided by Sirius_21 and Nyima Yonten. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password

1. Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password - Similar Threads - Every turn off

2. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  3. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  4. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password: Every time I turn off my computer Sleep and Hibernate and then open it again, it automatically unlocks without needing a password.I know that this is the setting to change it but even though I always set it to When PC wakes up from sleep, it keeps reverting back to the Never...
  6. Computer Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Turning Off Automatically: So for some reason after like around 10 or 20 minutes, my computer will just turn off randomly without a reason. Any idea what is causing this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-automatically/407cd294-6809-49a6-bb5e-e623a011b9aa
  7. Xbox One Controller turning off every time I reset my computer or turn it off and on again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller turning off every time I reset my computer or turn it off and on again.: I have had this problem only with my new Xbox One controller that I bought a few weeks ago. Any way to fix this or will it just keep happening? Any tips would be helpful!...
  8. Have reload printer every time the computer is turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have reload printer every time the computer is turned off: I have an HP laptop, and a wireless connection to an Epson WF-2750 Printer/Scanner. Everytime my computer turns off I have to reinstall the printer to get the scanner to work. What is the reason for this? Is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening all the...
  9. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...
  10. Computer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...