Windows 10: Every time I turn on my computer, desktop 1 and 2 never stay separate and always...

Discus and support Every time I turn on my computer, desktop 1 and 2 never stay separate and always... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says. I like to separate my two windows desktops by school and fun but whenever I turn back on my computer all the files and pages stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZombieAlpaca, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Every time I turn on my computer, desktop 1 and 2 never stay separate and always...

Like the title says. I like to separate my two windows desktops by school and fun but whenever I turn back on my computer all the files and pages stay on desktop 1. I checked my settings but I could not find a solution to this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/ZombieAlpaca
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZombieAlpaca, Jul 11, 2020

2. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which
    I have always had off, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jamesblack5, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Desktop sets itself to Sleep randomly every 1 to 2 weeks

A few months ago (Sept-Oct 2018) ...

Every 1 to 2 weeks (random) my desktop sets itself to sleep in (1 Minute), even though I set it to (NEVER) sleep.

I can see this in the Settings>System>Power & Sleep. The Screen setting is (Never) and so is the Sleep stetting (Never).

But randomly, it will set itself to Sleep (1 Minute) .. and I have to re-set it to (Never). Then it will stay that way for 1-2 weeks before resting itself to (1 minute).

I have checked Advanced Power Settings and all settings for Sleep are (Never).

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thank you.

JackJonesCS, Jul 11, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Every time I turn on my computer, desktop 1 and 2 never stay separate and always...

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Every time I turn on my computer, desktop 1 and 2 never stay separate and always...

1. Every time I turn on my computer, desktop 1 and 2 never stay separate and always... - Similar Threads - Every turn computer

2. Every time I restart my computer the display scaling always turns back to 640x480. This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart my computer the display scaling always turns back to 640x480. This...: I believe this started after trying to stop McAfee from putting a file I needed to start a game into quarantine. That didn't work and I accidently took other files out of quarantine as well but McAfee says I have no viruses so I don't know why this started nor do I know what...
  3. Every time I restart my computer the display scaling always turns back to 640x480. This...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I restart my computer the display scaling always turns back to 640x480. This...: I believe this started after trying to stop McAfee from putting a file I needed to start a game into quarantine. That didn't work and I accidently took other files out of quarantine as well but McAfee says I have no viruses so I don't know why this started nor do I know what...
  4. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  5. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  6. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...

My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...: Display settings will not let me correct the 1/2 monitor to individual 1 and 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-seting-shows-12-not-the-normal-1-and-2/209762fa-a35f-40f1-bb9e-e8bca2501b72
  8. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer: I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows? I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters submitted by /u/Oceirot...
  9. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...
  10. Separate 2 computers from 1 Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Separate 2 computers from 1 Microsoft account: We have 2 computers and have set them up under 1 Microsoft account. I would like to separate the 2 computers. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-2-computers-from-1-microsoft-account/81b88d88-4751-4404-b7b6-8e8f299c0bce