Windows 10: Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

Discus and support Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by caleb martin2, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is frustrating because it is a new computer, it also happened to me on my old computer but I do not know what happens. I have turned on the computer with EVERYTHING disconnected except the HDMI and the mouse cable and still so it continues to happen changing the keyboard to the one you had before in case it was a keyboard problem, it doesn't solve anything either.And also although I do not renew it if when it asks me for the password of the computer which I

:)

caleb martin2, Mar 30, 2023
  2. Xiu06 Win User

Ctrl key automatically zoom in when pressed at times

Hi,

Thank you for your advices.

My answers to your questions as follows :

1) I'm unable to tell you the exact time of perfectly used the computer. Sometimes I pressed the Ctrl key, it had no reaction but sometimes it would quickly zoom in to above 100% on Chrome browser or, in Microsoft Office WORD while creating note and wanting
    to copy and paste something (no chance to press the letter C and V keys when only pressed the Ctrl key once and hold). The next time I only pressed the Ctrl key and lifted up my finger, it was normal (nothing appeared).

2) I had installed important and recommended Windows updates after setting up my computer for the first time (it's a new computer), including installation of Driver updates from HP (Hewlett Packard) and Intel Corporation.

3) My computer is a laptop which just purchased and received via HP Online Store days ago in this month February 2018.

As indicated on the back of the computer, it was made in China. The model is : HP 14-BP100TX. The brand is HP.

Xiu06, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Ctrl key automatically zoom in when pressed at times

Hello,

There are a lot of possible causes why you're having a missed function on your Ctrl key. This issue may be related to a system corruption or all of your drivers needs to be updated. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• When did you perfectly use the Ctrl key?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you using a PC or a laptop? Can you tell us the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we recommend updating all of the drivers installed on your computer. To do so, follow the steps on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Mar 30, 2023
  4. Smiiiikes Win User

Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

Ctrl key on my keyboard goes into "sleep periods" and is not registered the first time I press it

Hello, I've had an ongoing problem with my Ctrl key for about 2 years:

• Windows sometimes does not register when I've pressed the Ctrl key for keyboard shortcuts (copy, paste, etc.)
      • For example, pressing Ctrl+C will type the letter "c" instead of copying text
    • However, if I pressed the Ctrl key in the past 5-10 minutes, then it will work just fine
    • In other words, there are "sleep periods" during which my Ctrl key doesn't work
    • If I press the Ctrl key during a sleep period, Windows will not detect that the Ctrl key was pressed but will instead switch from a sleep period into a "wake period"
    • These wake periods last roughly 5-10 minutes, after which it will automatically switch back into a sleep period
    • Important: I regularly use this keyboard across 3 different computers, and I only have this problem on 1 of the 3 computers
    How do I fix this so that Windows will always register the Ctrl key when pressed? (Thank you in advance!)

Smiiiikes, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

1. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time - Similar Threads - Every turn computer

2. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  3. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer a T and a S drive that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' . As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these...
  4. I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer

I get a 'run time' error every time I turn on my computer: When ever I turn on my computer a window pops up saying 'Run Time Error 68 - Device Unavailable' ,I have a two drives on my computer that I then have to manually go into files and 'wake up' due to this. As I have a program on my computer that utilizes files from these drives...
  5. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  6. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  7. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time: Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is frustrating because it is a new computer, it also happened to me on my old computer but I do not know what happens. I have turned on...
  9. Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time

Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time: Every time I turn on the computer, my ctrl key works as if I had it pressed all the time and when I restart the computer is ruled, but it is frustrating because it is a new computer, it also happened to me on my old computer but I do not know what happens. I have turned on...
  10. My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.: After I have reset the windows with the option of keeping my files, my computer is taking screenshots every time I press just about any key and send me a notification that the screenshot is saved to my one drive folder. This issue disappears sometimes. Sometimes it reappear....