Windows 10: Every time I updated my audio drivers I get the screen of death

Discus and support Every time I updated my audio drivers I get the screen of death in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So , not so long ago my laptop (Asus) speakers stopped working I could only hear sound by Bluetooth headphones, I tried to update the drivers but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nomatteratall, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Every time I updated my audio drivers I get the screen of death

So , not so long ago my laptop (Asus) speakers stopped working I could only hear sound by Bluetooth headphones, I tried to update the drivers but that didn't work, I tried to do a system point restore but I don't have any old one before this , even the headphone jack is not recognised by the laptop I don't know what to do anymore

submitted by /u/nomatteratall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nomatteratall, Apr 30, 2020

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Every time I updated my audio drivers I get the screen of death

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Every time I updated my audio drivers I get the screen of death

1. Every time I updated my audio drivers I get the screen of death - Similar Threads - Every updated audio

2. Every time i log in i get this error popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time i log in i get this error popping up on my screen: Script: C:/Users/Touch/AppData/Local/Updates/Run.vbsLine: 31Char: 1Error: The system cannot find the file specified Code: 80070002Source: null...
  3. Every time I play roblox I get a blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I play roblox I get a blue screen of death.: I was trying to use another website like now,gg for it but it still doesn't work. Also every time I saw the bsod the error code was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what should I do?I use a Toshiba satellite with windows 8.1 in it....
  4. Every time I play roblox I get a blue screen of death.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I play roblox I get a blue screen of death.: I was trying to use another website like now,gg for it but it still doesn't work. Also every time I saw the bsod the error code was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what should I do?I use a Toshiba satellite with windows 8.1 in it....
  5. blue screen of death every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen of death every time: on event viewer i saw error of Faulting application name: DllHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0xb850de5d Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x8f79024d Exception code: 0xc0000005 whats reason...
  6. I get a black screen every time I logon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get a black screen every time I logon: I can see the cursor, the windows key works, and so does ctrl alt delete. I had this issue a week or two ago, but I neglected it as it would go away if after a few minutes. Eventually the black screen stopped going away so I went into safe mode and tried uninstalling graphics...
  7. Blue screen of death every time I load up my PC

Blue screen of death every time I load up my PC: I apologise if this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm not sure where else would be the right place. The other day, my brother tried to "fix" my PC, when certain apps were having errors saving to my OneDrive. After he "fixed it", none of my applications would work...
  8. Blue Screen of Death every time I start Windows. Probably because of a bad driver. Safe...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death every time I start Windows. Probably because of a bad driver. Safe...: Help, my laptop is not working properly. It all started when I noticed that my wifi driver suddenly stopped working. I tried to uninstall it and reinstalling again and it looked like it was working again. But when I put my laptop to sleep and when I opened it again, the...
  9. My Windows 10 is getting blue screen of death critical process died every time i start it

My Windows 10 is getting blue screen of death critical process died every time i start it: Since yesterday my pc was crashing/freezing while either using Chrome or playing a game so i decided to take a look whats going on. Windows 10 event log show some error codes like 2, 3, 41,69, 7034,1000,10000, and 6008 are what i remember. Turns out i hade a Windows 10 update...
  10. Every time I update my PC, I get stuck in a login loop. Every. Time.

Every time I update my PC, I get stuck in a login loop. Every. Time.: Every time I update my PC to install updates, I get stuck in this weird login loop. It gets to the wake up screen, I’ll press a key to go to the login screen, I login, wait a couple seconds, then it boots me back to the wake up screen. I do use themes. I created 2 backups...