Windows 10: Every time major update is released it kills Windows Hello on my HP laptop. Why???

Discus and support Every time major update is released it kills Windows Hello on my HP laptop. Why??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every single time a major update is released, Windows Hello stops working on my HP laptop. EVERY SINGLE TIME and ONLY AFTER A WINDOWS MAJOR UPDATE.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GazBray, Jun 18, 2019.

1. GazBray Win User

Every time major update is released it kills Windows Hello on my HP laptop. Why???

Every single time a major update is released, Windows Hello stops working on my HP laptop. EVERY SINGLE TIME and ONLY AFTER A WINDOWS MAJOR UPDATE.

Ergo, it is the fault of Microsoft. Usually, disabling the camera, restarting and enabling the camera then restarting again will fix the fault but it appears this time that they have gone all out to make the problem worse. I now get "0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp> (0xC00D3704)".

It is not, of course, being used by any other app. Nor can I get any other app to open the camera because of this fault. Disabling/uninstalling/resetting/driver update/all the other usual options have this time failed to solve the problem. I have run process examine and killed anything that may be an issue, which didn't help. I have updated all drivers and all Windows updates which didn't help. My Antivirus is not blocking the camera and neither is any other program (I disabled any that may have that option and restarted).

This is an issue with every single major Windows Update and needs to be fixed ASAP and never inflicted again by future updates. It is absolutely infuriating. How can I fix this?

:)

GazBray, Jun 18, 2019

2. 1 yr. old HP wireless laptop can't connect to older HP wireless Printer

Different answers each time I called HP Yes/No Can be connected/No it can't. Last call suggested kill printer add back. It's not on the HP list and can't pick up blue blinking wireless signal . Older HP Inkjet 6350 year old HP laptop both wireless wizard
    asks for WPA

NO DISC, NO cables

Bryan55555, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Jun 18, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Every time major update is released it kills Windows Hello on my HP laptop. Why???

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Every time  major update is released it kills Windows Hello on my HP laptop. Why??? pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Every time major update is released it kills Windows Hello on my HP laptop. Why??? - Similar Threads - Every major update

2. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!: I clicked to restart my laptop so the Windows 11 update to proceed but once my laptop shut down it won't come back on. It was at 80 percent charge before it shut down. How do I get my laptop to reset and come back on??...
  3. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!: I clicked to restart my laptop so the Windows 11 update to proceed but once my laptop shut down it won't come back on. It was at 80 percent charge before it shut down. How do I get my laptop to reset and come back on??...
  4. Latest Windows 11 Update Killed New HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows 11 Update Killed New HP Laptop: The latest windows 11 update has totally screwed my near new HP Laptop.When trying to restart, just sits in a never ending boot screen.Have tried multiple attempts to start in safe mode with no luck.Get as far Preparing Automatic Repair, then goes into a death circle for...
  5. Latest Windows 11 Update Killed New HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows 11 Update Killed New HP Laptop: The latest windows 11 update has totally screwed my near new HP Laptop.When trying to restart, just sits in a never ending boot screen.Have tried multiple attempts to start in safe mode with no luck.Get as far Preparing Automatic Repair, then goes into a death circle for...
  6. Windows 10 Update Kills My Laptop Every Month

Windows 10 Update Kills My Laptop Every Month: So as the title explains, it's that time of the month again when Windows 10 update wreaks total havoc on my PC and makes it completely non functional. I might also add it does this when I'm in the middle of doing something at times I've set it not to update. Now it's 3...
  7. Windows update killed my laptops

Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  8. Windows update killed my laptop

Windows update killed my laptop: Do not switch off your computer Sitting there for hours. Restore failed. FAILED. Startup repair failed Go back to previous version failed. Leaving the only option to reset it. You utter Wombles. You festervering sores on the backsides of dungbeatles. Months of...
  9. Update killed my laptop

Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  10. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

windows 10 updates killed my laptop: My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points....