Windows 10: Every time my computer updates or when it is powered off, all my files are deleted.

Discus and support Every time my computer updates or when it is powered off, all my files are deleted. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time my computer updates or when it is powered off, all my files are deleted. Everything under "This PC" is deleted except for files under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BradyC355, Jun 9, 2020.

1. BradyC355 Win User

Every time my computer updates or when it is powered off, all my files are deleted.

Every time my computer updates or when it is powered off, all my files are deleted. Everything under "This PC" is deleted except for files under "Windows C:", so some of my downloads like a VPN stays on my laptopbut I have to sing back in. I also have to sign back into my google account on chrome. It frustrates me to have to sign back in to all my accounts and re-download some of my files.

:)

BradyC355, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

How do i delete Windows 10 update 1709 failures

Hi Ron,

The default location of downloaded Windows Update files is

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. To delete the contents of this folder, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
    • Press Ctrl and A at the same time to select all the files in the folder.
    • Press Shift and Delete at the same time to delete everything. If you're prompted for permission to permanently delete the files, click
      Yes.
    • Restart your computer.

Additionally, if you haven't done it yet, we suggest using the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    to fix Windows Update issues. Be sure to carefully follow the steps in order.

Let us know if you're able to delete the files after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 9, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Every time my computer updates or when it is powered off, all my files are deleted.

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Every time my computer updates or when it is powered off, all my files are deleted. - Similar Threads - Every computer updates

2. every time i turn off my computer when there is a update it just updates instead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    every time i turn off my computer when there is a update it just updates instead: Everytime i turn off my computer when there is a update it just updates instead even when automatic updates is off. It started out a a bit annoying but its just now one thing i dont like about windows...
  3. every time i turn off my computer when there is a update it just updates instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i turn off my computer when there is a update it just updates instead: Everytime i turn off my computer when there is a update it just updates instead even when automatic updates is off. It started out a a bit annoying but its just now one thing i dont like about windows...
  4. every time i turn off my computer when there is a update it just updates instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge is deleting files when i'm turn off my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge is deleting files when i'm turn off my computer.: Is there any way to fix this ? I'M had wallpepers on lively walpapers now they are gone and others files are gone too. pls hekp i'm dont know how to fix this.I'm on windows 11...
  6. Edge is deleting files when i'm turn off my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge is deleting files when i'm turn off my computer.: Is there any way to fix this ? I'M had wallpepers on lively walpapers now they are gone and others files are gone too. pls hekp i'm dont know how to fix this.I'm on windows 11...
  7. All my files save to the TEMP folder and get deleted every time i restart my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my files save to the TEMP folder and get deleted every time i restart my computer: If i save a file or a folder to desktop it will get deleted when i restart my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-save-to-the-temp-folder-and-get/1d2b3912-7691-48f4-9b79-20a0aa8906de
  8. Update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update deleted all my files: Hi, I went to turn my computer on, and my computer began to install updates. When it finally finished, all of my files were deleted. Everything. I tried to restore it, but there is no restore point data either. How do I get all my information back? Thanks! Caitlyn...
  9. Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update deleted all of my files and is now deleting all my files every time I restart: Exactly as it says on the tin. I updated my Windows last night after incessant prompting and I log back in today to see that all of my files are gone. Everything I have tried to restore them doesn't work (I have tried everything so please don't give me tips on how to deal...
  10. Updating screws with my computer every time!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating screws with my computer every time!: How come after every "update" something goes wrong with the computer and it slows down a lot. I put off updating as long as I can, cuz it sucks. I hate it....