Windows 10: Every time Win10 updates I have to reinstall wpdmtp.inf for my phone.

Discus and support Every time Win10 updates I have to reinstall wpdmtp.inf for my phone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 x64 1903 had some updates today that required a reboot. After rebooting it no longer recognized my Android phone. As with the umpteen prior... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Galane, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Galane Win User

Every time Win10 updates I have to reinstall wpdmtp.inf for my phone.

Windows 10 x64 1903 had some updates today that required a reboot. After rebooting it no longer recognized my Android phone.

As with the umpteen prior times I had to go to C:\Windows\Inf\wpdmtp.inf and right click then click Install to get it to recognize the phone.

Why does Windows 10 insist on breaking this almost every time it updates anything? I used to be able to just plug my phone into USB and it'd work. Then at some point it changed to where I have to tap Allow on a popup on my phone before Windows will access it.

How do I get back to the "It Just Works!" way it used to work, or at least stop Windows from repeatedly breaking wpdmtp.inf so it has to be reinstalled?

:)

Galane, Aug 15, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Can't install any Android phone drivers after Windows 10 aniversary update

Thank you for updating us on the issue. We would suggest you to try locating the file 'wpdmtp' in C:\Windows\INF. Right-click on the file and update it. Once the update is done, plug
    in your phone again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Aug 15, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Every time Win10 updates I have to reinstall wpdmtp.inf for my phone. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Every time Win10 updates I have to reinstall wpdmtp.inf for my phone. - Similar Threads - Every Win10 updates

2. I have to reach for my phone every time I'm asked "we need permission to display your phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to reach for my phone every time I'm asked "we need permission to display your phone...: Hi,I need to authorise the link bewtween my phone and Windows 11 every time I try to use Phone Link, can this request not be approved once and then not repeated? I may as well just use for my phone every time I get a notification in Windows that I need to approve the...
  3. I have to reach for my phone every time I'm asked "we need permission to display your phone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to reach for my phone every time I'm asked "we need permission to display your phone...: Hi,I need to authorise the link bewtween my phone and Windows 11 every time I try to use Phone Link, can this request not be approved once and then not repeated? I may as well just use for my phone every time I get a notification in Windows that I need to approve the...
  4. I have to update the BIOS every time there is a Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have to update the BIOS every time there is a Windows 10 update: The previous Windows 10 updates stop my laptop being awoken from sleep by pressing a key or the touchpad. When I update the BIOS I am able to wake the laptop from sleep again using the keyboard and touchpad. Why are Windows updates doing this?...
  5. pc running slower every time i reinstall my windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc running slower every time i reinstall my windows: Hello. So, a few months ago i decided to reinstall my windows to clean up my pc because it was very messy. My pc was running perfect and games were running perfect. After i reinstalled it the games were running slower than before but the pc was running good. A few days ago i...
  6. Every time I finish a recommended win10 update >>> I have to re-establish my bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every time I finish a recommended win10 update >>> I have to re-establish my bluetooth...: BLUETOOTH DEVICE WON'T Re-ESTABLISH AFTER WIN10 UPDATE...!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-finish-a-recommended-win10-update-i/0ad64ffa-7432-4302-8bad-49e5c2c006e3
  7. win10 BSOD every time I open my bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win10 BSOD every time I open my bluetooth driver.: I am using windows10 with bootcamp on a MacbookPro 2018 15inch. About 2 weeks ago I encountered a BSOD after switching back from macos to windows, which stated that it was Page fault in non paged area caused by BTHport.sys. After going into the safe mode and disabling the...
  8. This newly installed MTP Driver cannot identify my phones and every time I connect I have...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This newly installed MTP Driver cannot identify my phones and every time I connect I have...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jazon-X [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcn5jk/this_newly_installed_mtp_driver_cannot_identify/
  9. Having to reinstall my drivers every time I log in. IT IS A WINDOWS PROBLEM, NOT A DRIVER...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having to reinstall my drivers every time I log in. IT IS A WINDOWS PROBLEM, NOT A DRIVER...: So this has been going on for a while now and it sucks like hell. Every time I log onto my computer, I have to reinstall my graphics driver. I know its a windows problem because when I update other drivers and reboot later, I have to reinstall the same version. he main reason...
  10. How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?: The Problem: - Latest Windows 10 (home) Update... Enlarges Icons - Resizing results in wrong aspect ratio... (Icons wider than they should be and looking funny) Restore files affected include 3 files relative to AMD display - oem6.inf - oem76.inf - oem77.inf ( I...